• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any ideas

moskeybobo

Par Member
i got a champ teerex with a double aviar stamp but i really like the stamp, but the color of the disc right now is pretty much clear. any ideas on a dye for it? i am verrrrrrry new to dye jobs. i would even send it and pay if i had to.

well if you keep the stamps then i say dye it a color that you can find easily. is that what you are trying to do or do you want to remove the stamp and hand cut something?

Anytime I have dyed a clear-ish disc an entirely different color, it looks badass. I recommend dunking it in a pot of water and either royal blue or scarlet rit. Get 2 quarts of water steaming, like 120 degrees F (exactly 120, IMO, is the best temp), mix 1/3 or so of the rit in the water until it dissolves, and make sure the pan is off the stove and the dye is no more than 120 F and dunk her in, flight plate down, for as long as you like. Use a stainless steel something to pull it out and check on it every 5 minutes or so, it shouldn't take more than twenty to get a brilliantly colored Teerex in your bag.

I say keep the stamp, don't get carried away with dye graphics- just make the disc findable, and pretty to boot.

Didn't Frank D dye a clear champ beast red somewhere in the artwork forum?

Latest posts