• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone else love the Flash?

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
This is the longest , most awesome driver in my bag. I have two Z Flashes in the bag. One is more beat in, so I use it for tailwind and understable shots, and the other is new, so I can throw it into a wind, and get some super long drives. Who else loves one, and if you havn't thrown one, you must try one.

I have two of them hanging on the wall right now... use to like them when I first started playing, but then slowly found discs that I like better. Only problem I had with these was finding flashes that flew the same. One of the ones I have well hyzer flip to turn over like a -3/1, and keep turning the entire flight, while my other has more of a DD Renegade flight, kinda like a -2/2. But they are great discs, and I have recommended them to a few people as they start to enter the higher speed discs.

Flash was one of my first maxD drivers. Fast yet controllable and like Midnight said you can get super beat flippy ones or a nice freshie and have pretty different discs being they lose a lot of the initial HSS. Wasn't huge either for as fast as it flew IMO very comfortable DD. Paired nicely with a Z Crush

I have one in ESP, but I have other discs I like better. I like a Rogue or Surge SS better. I have a FLX Surge SS that is broken in that I use on tight tree holes.

I do love the Flash, but don't carry it anymore. My longest measured throw was with a flash...451ft. But...I try to carry no more than 5 or 6 molds in my bag, so the flash doesn't make the cut. They also make great rollers.

The flash was the first disc I broke 400ft, I vastly preferred the Z flash over the esp. It is very straight and has a nice glide.

I used to like Flashes way more than I do now. Effortless hyzerflip d though. I've even had some cool shots into stout headwinds. Any Central OK natives that have played Noble DGC know about the awesome RHBH anny on hole 3. Stout headwind took my Flash from a steep hyzer all the way right in the edge of the green for a birdie putt... Very useful discs! But my D4 does everything but the hyzerflips for me distance wise, and Bio Escapes have every bit of D as Flashes for me.

Used to have a Flash up until last Fall when I lost it in the ice-cold Mill Creek at Flaherty Park. Didn't have a Golden Retriever or anything like that. It was starting to beat in and get a little too flippy for my tastes because that was my go to FH driver. I now have a Halo to replace it which is a little flippy as well (and waaaaaayyyy too fast for me) but I seem to get some improved glide over the Flash. Granted the Z plastic took a LONG time to beat in but once it did it started to get a bit finicky.

Picked up a Z Flash from PIAS earlier today. Got two rounds in with it and I really like it.Very controllable and comfortable both FH and BH. Every time I take a chance on Discraft I end up happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 19
Great Disc! I used it as a max d driver when I was newer to disc golf. At first it was my over stable driver of choice for firebird type shots. As I developed, the flight path changed too. When the Flash broke in it became very similar to an Innova Beast. It was great disc to learn with, that's why I grabbed one for a friend who is a beginner. So the cycle begins again.

YES!

I got two White ESP Flash in a misprint pack. Had never heard of them, typically don't like white drivers, didn't think much of it. Went out and tried all my random discs and well, the Flash went really far and right where I pointed it first try. Since then its become my go to driver when I need a 300-325ish foot drive that lands where I point it. Turns a bit, but always comes back. I've parked the long on hole 6 at Dela with it several times, also hole 12 at Pinto. I can throw other discs longer (e.g. Tern, Destroyer, Lace, Trespass), but when I need accuracy and still get good distance, I go for the Flash. I let my buddy borrow the 2nd one a while back, but he had to give that thing back, cuz I need a back up :)

For where my game is right now, the Flash works awesome.

Picked up a Z Flash from PIAS earlier today. Got two rounds in with it and I really like it.Very controllable and comfortable both FH and BH. Every time I take a chance on Discraft I end up happy.

BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!!!:thmbup::clap::clap::clap::clap::

If you are enjoying the Flash, then you might really like the Crank. I was using the Flash for max distance shots until the Crank came out. The Crank for me, actually has a tighter line than the Flash and produces distance with ease. Either way they are both great discs with awesome glide.

Latest posts