• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

April Showers 12 - 4.29.17 - PDGA C / NEFA

CaptainAnhyzer

* Ace Member *
ff7b49c5cc48.jpg

Pre reg March 5th : http://discap.net/store/

Pre reg list at: http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/31092

Withdrawals and Refunds
Per PDGA Competition Manual: http://www.pdga.com/rules/competiti...ournament-procedures/13-withdraws-and-refunds

How much harder is Hyzer Creek than Central Park? I plan on going down but I don't want to go down if its not going to be enjoyable. I've played the last two PIAS Opens and done fairly well but I prefer a course that is a bit longer than the White Tees at CP. I played MJ2 the first time and moved up to MA3 last year, but due to my fairly weak short game failed to do well. This year I plan on going MA2 for the PIAS Open just so I can play the longer tees.

IMO, hyzer is a little bit harder of a course, but relative to par it's easier. Couple of long drives at hyzer. But a very fun course to play. I've played hyzer probably 6-7 times, and Central Park too many to count, just for reference

How much harder is Hyzer Creek than Central Park? I plan on going down but I don't want to go down if its not going to be enjoyable. I've played the last two PIAS Opens and done fairly well but I prefer a course that is a bit longer than the White Tees at CP. I played MJ2 the first time and moved up to MA3 last year, but due to my fairly weak short game failed to do well. This year I plan on going MA2 for the PIAS Open just so I can play the longer tees.

Much more wooded and hilly. Takes some precise shots to stay on the fairways. I would go up and play the course PRIOR but as of today I believe there's still some considerable snow and ice.

Much more wooded and hilly. Takes some precise shots to stay on the fairways. I would go up and play the course PRIOR but as of today I believe there's still some considerable snow and ice.
Come down is more like it but I'm not sure that is going to happen. Last time I played a course I had never played before I ended up with my first Eagle. The time before that I ended up cleaning house in a tourney by snagging my division, CTP, and Ace Pot (2015 PIAS Open).

Hyzer creek is much more enjoyable to play than central park IMO. Love the woods and lack of any park goers like you'd have at CPS. Definitely longer than CPS whites. I've played many times at both courses including tournaments( I live about 30 minutes from both)
I think you'll have a good time if you come down to the crick. :thmbup:
Hope to see you there

Don't worry about it I'm planning on playing as many DisCap events as I can. If I get my driver's license that will make things much easier.

Something that might be of note also: hyzer creek rounds are much longer(time and actual mileage covered) than Central Park rounds. My typical pace for central is an hour and a half, hyzer is 2 and a half. Tournament rounds are obviously longer. If you get worn out easily, it might be something to consider