• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters

jmdaire27

Double Eagle Member
I am curious how many of us are picky about disc color, and to what extent.

I only bag colorful discs, primarily orange, red, pink, blue, sometimes purple and yellow.

Don't care much for green, white, black, grey, or dyed discs for that matter.

Cheers.

Over the years I have become one, life's too short to spend it looking for a turd colored disc in the woods, give me pinks, blues, whites, something that stands out.

Doesn't look like manufactures agree though, what with the recent line of swirly clogged toilet colors on the market.

Over the years I have become one, life's too short to spend it looking for a turd colored disc in the woods, give me pinks, blues, whites, something that stands out.

Doesn't look like manufactures agree though, what with the recent line of swirly clogged toilet colors on the market.

Some of these swirly discs are awful.... Green mixed with brown (seen some prodigy like this)?? Worse than dyed discs, IMO.

Yes. Not sure why but I have an almost monochromatic bag. All red. I have a few Pink and Orange that break it up here and there but would replace those with red discs if I could find same plastic and beat it into the same state. I am not generally an organized person or have any hint of OCD but my discs are in very specific order even if I am swapping in and out of my bag for testing or new course or bagging backups to condition them. Speed class OS -> US So putters, mids, Fairways, DistanceStar
With that and always putting them back where they belong I haven't grabbed the wrong disc when i'm using my full bag.
If I could I would bag everything Red sparkle/metal flake but too many of the molds I throw its not available or too popular to find them... or the plastic is wrong

When I started and was trying all kinds of discs and color didn't matter I found out how hard to find dark colors and tie dye are or super clear... I don't go near those any more.

Lots of yellow, dayglo, pink, white, light blue. No orange ever. And no red usually.

I have several I like; Pink, Blue, Orange and White are usually ITB. I've got some purple in there now but usually just for putters. Sometimes I'll do Metallic as well, Used to like black, but I've grown out of that phase.

Yellow (sucks in fall), dayglow/chartreuse/highlighter green, pink, white (sucks for snow), light blue.

If I have a choice I'll go for pinks, chartreuses, oranges, or light blues. Rocs are about domes more than colors. Wizards are always white because I have stocked up on a specific plastic when it was only offered in white. That's not one I worry about losing though.

I will throw a green disc if it's the right disc at the right time - but it will bug me if I don't have a backup.

If I had my choice, dayglo pink for the whole bag. Searching for discs is by far my least favorite part of this activity. I mean duh, I hate red lights and hangovers too. But seriously, searching for discs sucks. Like rubbing salt in the wound of a crappy shot.

All of my discs are color specific

Wraith = Orange
Firebird = Pink
Teebird = Blue
Leopard = Green (will be out of bag soon and free the color up)
MD3 = Red
Mako3 = Yellow (will eventually be out of bag and free up color)
Pig = Purple
Aviar = Purple (Changing this, possibly to green or white)

All of my discs are color specific

Wraith = Orange
Firebird = Pink
Teebird = Blue
Leopard = Green (will be out of bag soon and free the color up)
MD3 = Red
Mako3 = Yellow (will eventually be out of bag and free up color)
Pig = Purple
Aviar = Purple (Changing this, possibly to green or white)

OCD much?

I avoid clear, pale discs, dirt and grass colored discs and most dyed since they are basically camo.

Black should never be the color of a disc, other than maybe putting putters. Not for me though, they get hot in the sun.
Brown = no thanks, tough to find
Purple is the worst to find that is actually a color
Dark blue is not ideal, light blue is fine
Red is doable but tougher to find if it's darker
Oh and tie dye styles usually = camo, no thanks

Other than that anything is fine for me. Some colors are great in summer but bad in fall, others suck in winter or on dirty/dusty courses, but pop out in grass.

I am curious how many of us are picky about disc color, and to what extent.
I only bag colorful discs, primarily orange, red, pink, blue, sometimes purple and yellow.
Don't care much for green, white, black, grey, or dyed discs for that matter.
Cheers.

My old eyes need bright colors so that I can find the discs. Light pink, light blue, glow-chartreuse, yellow, bright orange, white, etc. I avoid dark red, dark blue, purple, black (except for putters), brown, earth-tone, burnt orange, etc.

I match only one mold to a color: Pink Panthers. Partly due to the old movies and cartoons, and partially because they have higher PLHs and more stability than other-colored Panthers.

In October I carry all pink discs for "Throw Pink" month. Moral support for the eradication of breast cancer.

I would have to say that I am a color snob. In the early days of ordering discs online I was too often disappointed. I now only order when I can see a pic of the actual disc. To my eye bright/light blue/aqua stands out best in any situation. I have a few white and glow discs in there and tend to go with black or whatever turns me on for the putting putters. My bag is well organized and I have no issues with finding the right disc. People seem to think the monochromatic bag is quite odd. I sometimes consider throwing in another color just to keep people from bringing it up but… screw them.

Same as many others... Pink is my preference, but blue (light especially) is ok. Although I have been know to grab a really nice bright green on occasion (usually regret it later).

Putting putters can be anything.

White, Pink, Purple, bright Yellow and pale Blue.
This has less to do with me liking the color and more about how certain colors mold up.

Of the above colors, I prefer white the most and yellow the least.

Latest posts