• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are You Brand Loyal?

Are you brand loyal?

• I'm brand loyal. I just throw X and here's why:

Votes: 37 13.5%
  • I basically just have one brand in my bag, because it's what's available.

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • I primarily throw X, but I have bag spots with other brands.

Votes: 118 43.1%
  • No way I'm brand loyal! I find what works.

Votes: 109 39.8%
  • Wait... these plastic things are made by different companies?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
I would like to support Dynamic Discs because of the way they support the game and the pros that they sponsor. However, Latitude 64 makes the molds and plastic that works best for me on the fairway and I use Innova, MVP, and Kastaplast for putt and approach. So, I guess I use what works for me.

Millennium, Innova, Discmania, Gateway. Discmania is quickly winning me over but I swear it's not intentional and I will always be a with Wizards. No brand loyalty to speak of.

When I started it was all DC and Innova, bc those were the only two brands. My bag is now mostly Innova, DD and DC. Always some other brands floating in and out of spots. Im loyal to certain tried and true discs, like Wizard, Zone, Teebirds, buzzz etc...but never one company.

My bag is mostly Innova and it's sister companies with some Discraft, Gateway and other guest apperances.

McBeth switching to Discraft is not going to get me to buy any more Discraft (unless they come out with some new molds or better base plastic).

There isn't an Innova mold in my bag that Paul threw anyway, so I doubt there will be a Discraft mold I just have to have. Always open to trying out something new if it fits my style though, doesn't really matter much the company. . . .

Except...

I will not buy DD stuff. The whole vibe of the company gives me the creeps and I'm sick of DD fanboys.

Yes, I am brand loyal. But, I feel far more brand loyalty to the retailers that I buy from than I do to any brand(s) of discs.

I want to know that I will get the discs that I order in a timely fashion, without dealing with a bunch of unnecessary bull. So, for instance, I no longer order directly from Gateway. If I want a Wizard, I'll let Infinite Discs or Marshall St put up with that crap for me, and work with them.

Last edited:
I like Discraft/DGA, so that's what I throw. I prefer their z plastic over champ, and the new ESP and Ti are pretty awesome.

Keeping to one primary manufacturer keeps me from buying and trying every disc that comes out. I know what discs I like and what fits into my game. Building around my 3 favorite discs is pretty easy (challenger, comet, predator)

As someone with only a little over a year of experience, I don't have the luxury of bagging 7 different Teebirds in various states of wear. My oldest discs are only a year old. For that reason, I was drawn toward brands that had a complementary lineup for each of the different speeds. For example, I throw Dynamic fairways because the Escape was a disc I clicked with easily, and the Getaway and Felon complement it well. Also, the fact that Trilogy plastic beats in easily is a positive for a relatively new player, since I can see a disc's lifecycle much more quickly than I would with Innova or Discraft. So with that mentality, my brand loyalties are:

Fairways - Dynamic
Mids - Dynamic
hyzerflip discs (Tursas, Hatchet, King) - Westside
Control drivers - Axiom/MVP

My putters and distance drivers are a bit of a hodgepodge with no real loyalty.

I'll more just avoid certain companies or molds if I think they are hard to find or have consistency issues. I'd rather throw something that is relatively normal rather than have to track down special discs, or even not have much hope of them being in the store so I can flip through them before buying the one I like. There are some discs that would make me reconsider, but I currently don't bag any of those.

I throw so many brands, doesn't matter to me. But I use their typical characteristics to my advantage depending on the slot. Gyro goes real straight and doesn't fade til late? Love their putters for driving. Trilogy stuff has easy glide? Love their stuff for tunnels or easy distance drivers when you don't need wind resistance. Want indestructible OS discs that stay that way? Use Champ/Z/ESP. Want something that seasons consistently for a long life? Star in tried and true stable-OS molds.

I bag Innova/DC and a Stego and have a few DM, an Envy and a Stag as "backups/shots I may need" discs for my diversity from Innova/DC. I'm thinking of picking up my old Escape from PIAS just until I can get a Thunderbird beat in or a CD2 to fill the slot between my Champ ThB and Champ SW.

I'm not brand loyal but I don't throw Disccraft (aside from a buzzz I found). Their rating system means nothing to me compared to the four number system most others use.

I'm not brand loyal but I don't throw Disccraft (aside from a buzzz I found). Their rating system means nothing to me compared to the four number system most others use.

Discraft switched to the 4 number rating system almost a year ago.

I am brand loyal for my own particular reasons. I work in the machining/toolmaking trade. So I feel compelled to try and support the most local plastic companies I can. I also place a very big emphasis on quality and consistency. Having built plastic injection molds, and worked with tons of plastic, I have a very keen eye for molding imperfections.

Also, the company I choose to support easily covers every shot I need and then some. I don't at all feel limited. I love their discs and their plastics. No need to branch out.

Discraft switched to the 4 number rating system almost a year ago.

I always thought that was also a big advantage just having the decimal system as their stability guide...

But, then again they did have a flight chart that showed really everything you needed to know.

Latest posts