• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AT&T stadium + disc golf=?

I think this event will be more important for its promotion of disc golf outside our sport than in it in terms of recognition and attracting future sponsors.

My thoughts exactly. We cannot just keep expecting disc golf to grow if all we do is promote our sport to those that already spend all of their income on disc golf. We need to attract new players, new sponsors, and get them excited in why we enjoy it so much and spend every waking minute talking about it or playing it.

This is good news for disc golf and I am excited to see DD's enthusiasm for marketing and "growing" the sport. The comparisons to Discraft are laughable though. DD is still little brother and like a little brother they are trying to do whatever they can to get big brother's attention.

Maybe the Discs will bring my Cowboys good luck, but doubtful :)

This does look like a fun event, and seems like it could bring some good PR to the sport.

This is good news for disc golf and I am excited to see DD's enthusiasm for marketing and "growing" the sport. The comparisons to Discraft are laughable though. DD is still little brother and like a little brother they are trying to do whatever they can to get big brother's attention.

lol I'm quite sure Discraft had nothing to do with it. No one compared them beyond being two companies associated with disc golf and you knew that but that doesn't help stir up the Aim for the Chains tornado does it lol. ;)

Rusco needs to blink some, it's kind of unnerving to watch a video where the guy talking never blinks

That said, it's a great idea and it will have a pretty good turnout; facebook shows "652 people going"

How many actually pony up and pay is a different story, but if half of those people pay and show up it will be a fairly big deal.

I'm balancing my hate for crowds with the epicness of playing in Jerry World currently

Think the 2 free discs will be the same ones as the Trilogy Challenge?

The new Missile of whatever its called will be an option. I know McCabe said no drivers, as "the stadium officials" were more comfortable with participants using only the discs in the players pack. It will be a mid and a putter i believe.

Rusco needs to blink some, it's kind of unnerving to watch a video where the guy talking never blinks

That said, it's a great idea and it will have a pretty good turnout; facebook shows "652 people going"

How many actually pony up and pay is a different story, but if half of those people pay and show up it will be a fairly big deal.

I'm balancing my hate for crowds with the epicness of playing in Jerry World currently

McCabe also said the they can "accommodate thousands"

The new Missile of whatever its called will be an option. I know McCabe said no drivers, as "the stadium officials" were more comfortable with participants using only the discs in the players pack. It will be a mid and a putter i believe.

Yes, but how many playing the 9 holes?

The stadium is huge, so the $15 and $30 packages are pretty much unlimited from my view, but the $50 to play the 9 may be crowded.

It will be interesting to see how they accommodate so many players through 9 holes (if they don't put a limit on players that is). Then again they have almost 6 hours to run people through the 9 holes.

McCabe said there would be a limit on who can play the 9 holes. I'm assuming they will stop taking sign ups for the "full experience" once that has been reached.

I went ahead and signed up just in case....figured it might fill up quick.

Missilen? The lat64 new driver in optohex? That may be available as a purchase but it won't be thrown. Not if it's no drivers. That's a speed 12 or 13 distance driver. That's why I said I expect the truth and a judge or warden to be the player pack options possibly more but I doubt many of the nine holes are much over 300 feet. Back of the endzone to back of the endzone is around 360. You could possibly have one that starts or ends in a player tunnel but I think most will be kept to below at least 350.

Good to see a company thinking along new lines.

Most companies in disc golf are started by disc golfers so the thinking is a bit insulated.

A regular self guided stadium tour runs $17.50. So you add in two discs and being able to throw discs on the field, seems pretty cool to me.

Latest posts