• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis Discs

DJ Troll

Par Member
I LOVE the look and feel of Axis discs although I've never thrown one. Especially the mids. My bag already has 5 mids (12x Roc, Z-Glo Buzzz, Opto Core, Aftershock, and a Champion Panther) How do they fly compared to these?

This may be an ignorant question, but...

Are you talking about MVP's disc the Axis? Or is there a whole 'nuther manufacturer out there called "Axis"?

I LOVE the look and feel of Axis discs although I've never thrown one. Especially the mids. My bag already has 5 mids (12x Roc, Z-Glo Buzzz, Opto Core, Aftershock, and a Champion Panther) How do they fly compared to these?

Straight. Straight. Straight.
(on flat release)

The Axis is just one of MVP's discs. And all of the discs that MVP produces have the overmold.

The Axis is definitely one of the straightest discs made, and it is my go to disc for single disc rounds as well as my utility mid.

Axis = Money

That's all you need to know.

However, it may overlap with your other mids, mainly the Buzz, and Core. So, keep that in mind if you decide to check it out.

I'm surprised no-one flamed this guy's ignorance yet.

I had an axis, wasn't a fan so I traded it for a core, so now I've completed the trifecta, I have a core, pain, and fuse which I'm REALLY loving!

For me the axis is a lot less stable than my buzzz. It has hardly any fade at the end of its flight, and it will hold any line like a dream.

I'd say the Axis is a really good straight flyer but if you want a mid that will always hold a hyzer or if ya need a mid for a dogleg get the vector

I picked up the Axis earlier in the week and it's already become my favorite mid. Straight, straight, straight flight.

I prefer the Vector, but both are awesome discs. If you like the Buzzz, get an Axis. Vector is more like a faster flat-top Roc.

Same for me. The Vector I have is a beat, flat, Eclipse that goes straight for ages before fading in real gentle.

My Axis hold any line to the ground--and I've parked holes with it I'd never think to reach with a Fairway.

Long and short of it: MVP discs function a class higher than their design (e.g. Ion/Anode fly like mids; Vector/Axis fly like drivers). And it's awesome.

Latest posts