• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AZPlaya 2021 ITB

azplaya25

Double Eagle Member
Played the dd winter warm up in Lewisville this past weekend. Moved up from Rec to MA40 and really enjoyed it. Took 9th out of 14, and since my backhand form is still in flux I flicked everything. We're talking big Jerm style, flicking dx cobras on backhand hyzer lines.

Really like how my bag has come together, every mold shares a part with another mold.

stable control driver:
171 g Polaris LS (new)
171 g QJLS

distance driver:
171 g Pro Wraith, seasoned-
171 g SOLF 1.3, beat
Solf was thrown far more than the wraith.

understable driver:
167 g Beat Polaris LS

moderately overstable driver:
MOLF, 171g - fresh and slightly season. Fresh one is almost firebird stable )

very overstable driver
170g FAF star firebird,- fresh
171g star firebird - seasoned

Midrange:
180g Sentinal MF
180g Kc Pro Roc
180g dx cobra

All fresh. All these of these disc feel the exact same in the had but fly completely different lines. Loving the Sentinel, it's like a kc pro roc and a seasoned firebird had a baby

Approach Putters
KC pro aviar
Omega big bead
Thrashed dx aviar PnA

Putting putters
Origio crown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of any bag that has a DX Cobra! The first disc I really clicked with, still bring them out occaisionally to play. Any experience throwing a Champ Roc? Just wondering how it compares to the Sentinel.

I'm a fan of any bag that has a DX Cobra! The first disc I really clicked with, still bring them out occaisionally to play. Any experience throwing a Champ Roc? Just wondering how it compares to the Sentinel.

I've never thrown a champ Roc, just a kc pro. Sentinel is way faster and feels more like a tweener fairway/mid.

First competitive round is a while with Wintergeddon here in Texas. Really liking these dx bb aviars from the factory store. Still not sure if the zone is going to make the bag, still prefer the feel of my harp.

Drivers -
FAF firebird
Seasoned star firebird
Seasoned MOLF 1.3
Beat SOLF 1.2
Fresh Polaris LS
Beat Polaris LS

Mids
Sentinel MF
Fresh DX Roc
Beat DX Roc
DX cobra

Putters
Beat Orgio Harp
Gstar Rhyno
DX Rhyno
DX BB aviar
Thrashed Aviar PnA

Feels like I bag too many putters. Also, finding that I just throws putters and fairway drivers and my mids get no love. Will probably kick out either the harp or Gstar Rhyno as they both cover the same shots. I'm really happy with my driver set up
1.2 SOLF

You still putting with Crowns? Never tossed one but have heard good things.

You still putting with Crowns? Never tossed one but have heard good things.

I've been messing around with putting with the big bead aviars, still undecided. I throw a bit farther these days and my form is improving but my putt is more broken than ever lol. I was having trouble finding crowns, always seemed to be out of stock. I didn't notice the dd website has x outs no if you want to try them on the cheap

I've been messing around with putting with the big bead aviars, still undecided. I throw a bit farther these days and my form is improving but my putt is more broken than ever lol. I was having trouble finding crowns, always seemed to be out of stock. I didn't notice the dd website has x outs no if you want to try them on the cheap

Ha! nothing will fix my awful putting. I'm just going to stick with my Wizards (since I got a bunch) now. I have putted with Judges, Wardens, JK Aviars etc. I've just heard good things about Crowns though. Anything you may be able to compare them to. I have tried the 2 swans and a single Maiden from westside.

Ha! nothing will fix my awful putting. I'm just going to stick with my Wizards (since I got a bunch) now. I have putted with Judges, Wardens, JK Aviars etc. I've just heard good things about Crowns though. Anything you may be able to compare them to. I have tried the 2 swans and a single Maiden from westside.

I putted Crowns for a year. Feel similar in the hand to a Judge when putting. Using a fan grip for throwing they feel slightly deeper. As for stability, they are basically a "Judge Pro". Just a touch more fade as a thrower than a Judge and fly a tick faster. Perhaps a bit more wind resistance too, probably halfway between a Judge and an Envy. For putting, they are stable enough that I think you really need to be either a serious spin putter or release with anny to enjoy them; they fade too much for traditional slightly nose up/hyzer spoosh putters.

Feels like I bag too many putters.

Never.

I carry 10 molds, and 4 of those are putter molds. Always good to have choices around the green. If you bag too many putters then that means I have serious problems.

I'd say it's like a judge and a wizard had a baby. It has that flat top like a judge but not as low profile. Glide is closer to wizard than judge. I actually really like them for little flick upshots

Never.

I carry 10 molds, and 4 of those are putter molds. Always good to have choices around the green. If you bag too many putters then that means I have serious problems.

Haha glad I'm not alone. To further complicate things, I found a super beat judge on the course today, gave it a few tosses and immediately fell in love.

Haha glad I'm not alone. To further complicate things, I found a super beat judge on the course today, gave it a few tosses and immediately fell in love.

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss.

Beat Judges are awesome. I'm a Judge guy (always carry 2-3) and use my thrashed Classic Blend Judge for 'hold any angle' slow glidey approaches and for C2 putts. One of the most used discs in my bag. You can probably already tell by my sig, but my putters are:

Berg - Super slow, glideless, stable. Primarily used for back hand approaches, particularly if I have a low ceiling or some wind.
Zone - Zone things
Envy - main driving putter, if I have room to fade. Also, straight flick approach shots.
Judges (3) - jack of all trades. Lucid-X for straight drives. fresh Classic Blend for C1. Beat Classic Blend for turnover drives, glidey approaches, C2 putting.

Last edited:
Headed to my second tourney of the year today. Republic of Texas Open at Flying Armadillo dgc. It's gonna be windy. ITB

Drivers
OS / Utility
FAF firebird
Seasoned star firebird

I messed around with FD3's for a bit but just don't see any reason to carry anything besides a FAF and seasoned firebird

Distance
Fresh MOLF 1.3
Fresh SOLF 1.4
Beat SOLF 1.2

Found a 175g X out MOLF that is almost firebird beefy - will see how it does in the wind today.

Fairway
166g champ eagle x
170g dx eagle x

Went back to the Eagles instead of the Polaris LS. Idk why but I just throw Eagles better. Should have never left.

Mids
Fresh KC pro Roc
Beat DX Roc

Trying to simplify decisions during the tournament so pulled the cobra and sentinel out. Tweener mid/fairways make disc selection to complicated for me.

Putters
Throwing
Fresh ESP zone
Seasoned flx zone
Fresh Gstar Rhyno
DX Rhyno
Thrashed Aviar PnA

Putting
Beat orgio harp
Dx big bead aviar

Biggest difference is I swapped the VIP harp for a couple of zones. Starting to buy the zone hype, so easy to flick and I like the low profile. Gstar Rhyno might be my most thrown disc in the wind today, perfect for windy upshots. Beat harp will be my headwind putter

How do you determine when to throw the Harp, Rhyno, and Zone? I feel like those three discs are fairly interchangeable, even if the Zone is the most OS of the three.

Also, what layout did you play for the tournament at Flying Armadillo, that is one of my favorite courses. I always make sure to go down to San Marcos when I visit my inlaws in Austin.

How do you determine when to throw the Harp, Rhyno, and Zone? I feel like those three discs are fairly interchangeable, even if the Zone is the most OS of the three.

Also, what layout did you play for the tournament at Flying Armadillo, that is one of my favorite courses. I always make sure to go down to San Marcos when I visit my inlaws in Austin.

I played the white layout! It was an awesome course, I really like the combination of open shots and insanely tight windows. I actually didn't end up bagging the zone, I've settled on a latitude xxx for my tweener is utility slot. The harp is a beat origio harp. It flys like a roc that is easier to flick and won't turn over. The Rhyno is a dx Rhyno, kinda beat, has some turn. That's my hyzer flip sidearm money disc

Playing in the Wilco Summer Classic tomorrow. This is one of my home courses so I'm going simple with the bag

Drivers
OS / Utility
FAF Star firebird (OS Beef)
Fresh Star Firebird (Workable, really like this disc for upshots)
Seasoned star firebird (When I want to throw my OLF with distance control)

I messed around with FD3's for a bit but just don't see any reason to carry anything besides a FAF and seasoned firebird

Distance driver
Beat SOLF 1.2

Flippy OLF's bomb

Control driver
Fresh SOLF 1.4
This is my workhorse, perfect combination of stability and distance.

Found a 175g X out MOLF that is almost firebird beefy - will see how it does in the wind today.

Mids
Seasoned Orgio Harp (basically my sidearm Roc)
Seasoned KC pro Roc
Beat DX Roc

Putters
Throwing
Fresh DX Rhyno
Beat DX Rhyno
When in doubt, I flick a Rhyno. This is my bread and butter shot
JK Aviar - backhand upshots
Putting
Dx big bead aviar

Getting back to traveling for work. Here is my travel bag I brought up to Michigan

Star Firebird
1.4 SOLF
KC pro Roc
Banger GT

Been putting/approaching with Bangers and I love them. Nice consistency with grip with that groove top.

Haven't updated the itb in a while and played a league night tonight. From the top left with number of throws
Fresh flat Star firebird - 0 throws
Slightly seasoned star Firebird - 0 throws
Beat star Firebird-2 throws
Sparkle QOLF - 1 throw
SOLF 1.4 - 1 throw
Beat 1.2 OLF - 2 throws
Seasoned champ eagle - 5 throws
Sparkle Polaris LS - 3 throws
Beat Polaris LS - 2 throws
Origio harp - 2 throws
KC glow roc- 2 throws
Seasoned DX Roc - 0 throws
DX glow aviars - 36 throws
1 rubber mallet - probably 100 practice swings throughout the round

Been doing lots of form work with my putters, so it's good to see that I'm using them more doing rounds. Obviously don't need all the firebirds. My champ eagle is so money and I'm more confident with it that any other driver in my bag

Attachments

• AE857928-9E23-4945-BBFE-9920377E3237.jpg
    AE857928-9E23-4945-BBFE-9920377E3237.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 14