• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Seriously for about a year and a half, used to just play as a hobby with friends way back when
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH-usually never off the tee
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Rhyno: 225/250'; Roc3: 250/280'; Wraith: 325/350'

Bag:
Putters:
Halo rhyno-beefy, FH approaches, windy day driving putter
Nexus rhyno- seasoned lets say, backup putter and main driving putter
Dx rhyno-seasoned, putter
Nexus animal- long putts, turnovers, somewhat Utility since i usually FH this distance

Mids:
170g gstar mako3: turnovers, seasoned a touch, turn's nicely. My wombat3 slot, but trying to minimize molds
Star mako3: mako3 things, workable as you can ask for
Dx roc3: pretty straight, going to keep seasoning
Kc roc3: working this in, some turn some fade
MF roc3: beefy, headwinds, FH approach

Drivers:

Twin 170g champ valkyries: one fresh one beat up. Newer one turns, reliable fade back to almost center. Beat one is for Hyzerflips and turnovers, tailwind drives, can roll it but the courses i play are way more wooded

Eagles:
For my stock backhand, using these to work on my forehand as well
New halo for beef
22 barsby seasoned for the classic eagle flight
A nicely beat up 170g innfuse star for straight with a teeny bit of fade

Dx firebird, seasoned for more push a bit less fade
Gstar firebird for firebird things. Will slot a Sexton when the other two cycle down in stability

Wraiths:
Bottom stamp beefcake: this thing is an anomally. I bagged some teerex's until i got this wraith. No turn, not much glide, it wants to find the ground. Big skips, utility, bad headwinds

F2 star wraith: seasoned, go to distance driver. Good turn, reliable fade still. Was pushing it to about 350 but haven't been able to play as much so losing consistency

Star 170g wraith: beat up, nice hyzerflips. Tailwind distance driver

Mainly posting so i have something to reference back to and update for when i do get out about what changes i made and why.

Only feedback/slot im still tinkering with at the moment is the zone slot and thunderbirds keep finding their way back to my bag. Im not convinced i need my toro's, the mf roc3 works well for forehands, and my halo rhyno is pretty good for approach shots. Thunderbirds i bagged when i was playing more, as they slotted between my eagles and wraiths nicely. As I've lost distance, it seems less necessary and also allows me to get even more familiar with my other drivers.

I could see wanting something thats a step up in speed and stability from the rhyno. Largely for when you want the ground play and fight wind or finish harder than a roc3. Toro and Zone may not be long enough to really compliment the rhyno as much as partly overlap it. Pyro, Demon, Drone, Gator, or even Buzzz OS or Justice type discs.

I switched back to cycling gilas so a fresh one covers OS enough for me generally but I used to have trouble finding a faster compliment to my low glide approach disc (Rhynos, Scales, Serpents, Berg all had good time in my bag). May put a justice in the side pocket when big winds are forcasted. At sea level I would see wanting a gator/buzzz OS/Justice type disc more often than I do now.

I could see wanting something thats a step up in speed and stability from the rhyno. Largely for when you want the ground play and fight wind or finish harder than a roc3. Toro and Zone may not be long enough to really compliment the rhyno as much as partly overlap it. Pyro, Demon, Drone, Gator, or even Buzzz OS or Justice type discs.

I switched back to cycling gilas so a fresh one covers OS enough for me generally but I used to have trouble finding a faster compliment to my low glide approach disc (Rhynos, Scales, Serpents, Berg all had good time in my bag). May put a justice in the side pocket when big winds are forcasted. At sea level I would see wanting a gator/buzzz OS/Justice type disc more often than I do now.
Solid point I finally got out to play and was very happy i had my toro in the bag. Thanks for recommendations but at the moment toro with my most o/s eagle is working well enough. I do want to try a gila though, i've seen nothing but praise for RDG!

Updated, swapped the valkyries for sidewinders and dynasty's to cover more ground with similar feeling discs. Firebirds are out, for now, until this eagle and wraith season a bit. Added a more stable wraith to compliment my f2. Gstar mako3 got sent into the shadow realm, likely never to be seen again, meaning the wombat3 is BACK. Also dx eagle, because dx eagle.

3x rhyno
Toro
Wombat3
3x roc3
4x eagle
2x dynasty
2x sidewinder
4x wraith

Going to mess with the dynasty's and sidewinders i have and see what they all do. Trying to cover beefy valk/really beat in thunderbird to roadrunner stability. Should be possible but i may have to really beat a dynasty up we'll see how that goes next time i get out.

Liking the coverage i have while maintaining a low number of molds but debating the 9 speed slot endlessly unfortunately. I think i need to play on a really windy day to justify bagging a thunderbird and firebird again

Solid point I finally got out to play and was very happy i had my toro in the bag. Thanks for recommendations but at the moment toro with my most o/s eagle is working well enough. I do want to try a gila though, i've seen nothing but praise for RDG!
DGCR has a pretty dense RDG fanbase compared to any other disc golf circle you will find.

I was thinking recently that it probably goes back to early DGR and PDGA forum days Gateway having a cult following in those circles and it's continued trickling through to us nerds here. The hidden gems that gateway produces are still some of the best on the market.

Form seems to deteriorate every time i manage to get out these days, not getting the consistency i'd like anymore so discing down on the drivers. Keeping the mids and rhynos where they're at and keeping it simple for the fairways.

1x firebird
3x eagles
2x leopard3
2x IT
3x roc3
2x wombat3
2x toro
3x rhyno
1x animal

Also gonna test the Vela next time i get out, curious to see how it throws.

The vela would slot in nice for a seasoned eagle x, shame that its in the middle of some dense stuff at the course. Glad i messed with my drivers again because i forgot how much i like the leopard3. Next time i post a beat dx eagle may replace a leo3, but i think i got it where i want it all at the moment. Wraiths are also back on the menu. Sadly the wombat3 is out again for now, gonna give my chariots another shot at greatness.

1x animal
3x rhyno
2x toro
2x chariot
2x roc3
3x leopard3
3x eagle
4x wraith

Im having more success shaping shots so im gonna lean into that and see how it goes. Distance is still not where it once was but my form is definitely coming along cleaner so gotta take the good with the bad there.

Got out a few times since the last update and losing muscle memory has helped a lot. Distance, angles, consistency was all up thankfully. Revisiting my dynasty/sidewinder pairing and interested to see where that takes me next time im out. Trying to cover thunderbird-ish stability to roller with as little molds as possible and i like the similar handfeel the combo offers. Also the Wombat3 is out for now because im fickle, threw my panthers a bit and was loving them for shot shaping.

Wraiths x3, overstable to neutral
Eagles x4, 2 overstable 2 stable
Dynasty x2, Have a bottom stamp s blend and an i blend to try out
Sidewinder x3, two good flippy ones and one with a really high plh im gonna test out
Jays x3, stable to neutral
Panther x2, for panther things
Toro x1, utility
Rhyno x3, putt & approach

Threw pretty well today (for me) so time to mess with the bag again. The stars of the show were a dx jay, dx eagle and my panther. Got a few birdie looks i usually never get, had some very nice drives and upshots. I was throwing my mids better than i ever have actually, and the jay solidified itself as a stellar choice.

3x rhyno
1x panther
3x jays
1x toro
6x eagles
3x valkyries
4x wraiths

Next time i get out it will likely be for field work so i can figure out which valks i want to bag. The halo one i threw today needs to season more, so testing out a stock star to bag alongside my flippy gstars. Until next time!

Latest posts