• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back on the Road Again - Tour Stop #3 (La Mirada, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
attachment.php

Tour Stop #3

La Mirada, CA
West Coast Championships A-tier
"Going back to Cali"

After leaving the GBO we faced some strong weather. Heavy wind and rain all the way to Denver. We stopped and had some great Thai food with Jerome Knott (Team 64) and our buddy Trevor. We wanted to explore the city but it wouldn't stop raining. We continued on and started the mountainous drive over the front range. I took this 1998 V-10 over 11,000 feet twice! As night fell the rain turned into snow and we decided to stop in the little mountain town of Dillion, CO and rest for the night.

As we continued on the next day it was still raining, it didn't stop until the California Border. We finally made it to La Mirada on Thursday morning. That's right the old RV passed its first test!

As we pulled in the park I remembered why everyone moved to Southern California. The park itself is filled with amazing trees in full bloom. The course looks so green and inviting. La Mirada park is just a great park for disc golf, any design would be fun to play. Other things to do in La Mirada is to take advantage of authentic food. Less than a mile from the park is a Korean area that has real Korean BBQ. You cook it yourself at a grill built into your table. You may be the only non Korean there when you go, but that has always told me it was authentic. If you would prefer Italian the famous Gondola pizza serves excellent pizza and pasta. We arrived on Thursday and left on Sunday so we didn't get to explore much just play, eat, and sleep. If you haven't played there it is worth the visit. I hear they are pushing to bring an NT back to SoCal.

Competition

With the addition of the water park they lost a few holes from the original course and so they made two 18 hole shorter courses out of the land that we would play on Saturday. I would face the usual suspects and McBeth in his home area. I felt good about my chances as I always have played well at La Mirada. I came out and struggled to play well shooting a sub 1000 rated round and finding myself in 19th place. I played well after that and climbed up to finish 4th place after shooting a -12 on the old Golden State layout we played on Sunday. McBeth played well beating Philo and Sexton handily. It was nice seeing so many old friends, and playing such a nice course.

I wanted to thank Jeff Scott and family for an ideal parking space, 1000 feet from the course.

Equipment

On the short course I stuck to my Sinuses and XXX. I started to work in the Spark. The funny thing is every time I threw it I got a birdie. I also threw a lot of white Giants and Worlds for long shots and a gold line Havoc and Fury for rollers. I putted with the stiff Judge as there was a breeze all weekend.

Next Stop

Santa Cruz , CA NT#3

Attachments

• IMG_2539.JPG
    IMG_2539.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,294
  • IMG_2549.JPG
    IMG_2549.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2574.JPG
    IMG_2574.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 353