• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backpack upgrade

B.Fairbanks.1023

Bogey Member
So I'm currently using an MVP shuttle bag. As my first bag it was a great step up from a backpack, but now I'm wanting to get something a bit more sturdy. Things I'm not crazy about with this one are the top storage pocket for the putters, and the fact that it falls over all the time.

My budget for this upgrade is ~$100. I've done a little research and I'm between the Innova Super Heropack and the DD commander. Does anyone have experience with both of these? Or have and additional suggestions for something that's similar in price that's a better buy? I'm not familiar with any brands that don't appear on Infinite.

Also, if anyone is selling one of these at a decent price shoot me a message with some pics.

Thanks!

I haven't used both of your two choices, but I do use the DD Commander bag. I choose this over other backpacks [used to use shoulder bags] because...

• It's easy to remove the discs from the top and especially the bottom storage areas [Very important to me].
  • Has enough non-disc storage space for my needs [but not as much as other bags]
  • Can carry two 32oz Nalgene size bottles.
  • It is very stable because of its large footprint and little storage space up top.
  • It has a convenient spot for your mini and small clipboard/scorecard when you need it.

It could be a little better, but not by much. Come to think about, there isn't really anything I don't like about the bag. I hope this helps. :D

I haven't used both of your two choices, but I do use the DD Commander bag. I choose this over other backpacks [used to use shoulder bags] because...

• It's easy to remove the discs from the top and especially the bottom storage areas [Very important to me].
  • Has enough non-disc storage space for my needs [but not as much as other bags]
  • Can carry two 32oz Nalgene size bottles.
  • It is very stable because of its large footprint and little storage space up top.
  • It has a convenient spot for your mini and small clipboard/scorecard when you need it.

It could be a little better, but not by much. Come to think about, there isn't really anything I don't like about the bag. I hope this helps. :D

It does, thanks!. I actually just pulled the trigger on a Commander. Got one that only had 6 rounds on it for $70. Talk about a steal

The other thing lots of longtime players those playing in the 2000's like about the Commander Backpack bag is it is one of the closest backpack bags to the old big single strap bags that can take the quad straps in production currently.

The other thing lots of longtime players those playing in the 2000's like about the Commander Backpack bag is it is one of the closest backpack bags to the old big single strap bags that can take the quad straps in production currently.

Some of Gateway's backpack Bags were closer to a Backpack styled off the single strap bags that can take quad straps and Like the smaller Ozark backpack bag or the two smaller bags but they have been out of production since late 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C38G49H/ref=twister_B07C389Y1V?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
This is The bag I have, it is on the low end and not that upright compared to better models so some stiffening of the sides via some corrugated plastic in the bag main compartment cut to the size you need. I had a seat from my old Vertex Angler Backpack that was my previous disc golf backpack going on the bag so it was going to stand up.

Last edited:
OG Voyager has the feet that dig into your back. OG Slim/Pro and the 2.0s fixed it, but the model you linked has the issue.

Best budget bag imo is the Fitactic. Exact clone of the A14 for $100 or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've had zero issues with that but it might just be a issue for some and not others.

My budget for this upgrade is ~$100. I've done a little research and I'm between the Innova Super Heropack and the DD commander. Does anyone have experience with both of these?

The big difference between these, that I've seen, is that the Super Hero is pretty soft & unstructured. Whereas the Commander is more rigid/boxy.

But the softness of the Super Hero is also it's strength, in a way. It'll kind of sag on itself rather than tipping over. And they don't get all scuffed up because they are supple enough to shrug off impacts. I have a number of friends that use the Super Hero in rugged Montana wilderness, and I haven't seen any tears or blowouts.

Also, this is just my gripe, but the Commander wastes a lot of space up top. There's a lot of empty airspace above the main disc compartment. I suppose it keeps the weight lower to avoid tipping over. Looks odd to me.

OG Voyager has the feet that dig into your back. OG Slim/Pro and the 2.0s fixed it, but the model you linked has the issue.

Best budget bag imo is the Fitactic. Exact clone of the A14 for $100 or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've have that exact bag linked. Used it for about year. I have heard the complaints about the feet, but have not experienced it at all myself. I got it when they were $70, and I feel like I absolutely stole it at that price. I love mine.

Latest posts