• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

Got a chance to throw my Icon and Legend Bandit quite a bit today. They are both amazing, and compliment my C PD perfectly. I can see these taking a lot of my drives, particularly on long tight holes.

Both plastics feel amazing as well. I'm in love :D

How did the Legend fly for you? I rediscovered my love for the Bandit this past weekend while playing a tight wooded course. Would love a slightly more overstable Bandit and hoping the Legend fits the bill.

It was maybe a hair more stable than my pink icon, but i didn't notice a drastic difference. Icon is 168g and Legend is 170g.

Now if they ran these in Pinnacle...:clap:

The hot pink icon bandit i have has a big drift stage, i released my bandit this weekend on a slight rhbh hyzer and it flipped to flat quickly then began drifting to the right, and then it just kept drifting right with a slow fade to a flat forward finish to park a hole i have never been able to get close on. It drifted right of center at least 50', just fun to watch this disc do the work for me.. Normally i would have thrown a patriot on a slight anhyzer and land short. The bandit doesnt flip over and lose glide or drop at all its weird.

I'm rethinking how i use my bandits now.

The hot pink icon bandit i have has a big drift stage, i released my bandit this weekend on a slight rhbh hyzer and it flipped to flat quickly then began drifting to the right, and then it just kept drifting right with a slow fade to a flat forward finish to park a hole i have never been able to get close on. It drifted right of center at least 50', just fun to watch this disc do the work for me.. Normally i would have thrown a patriot on a slight anhyzer and land short. The bandit doesnt flip over and lose glide or drop at all its weird.

I'm rethinking how i use my bandits now.

i can tell youre baked because you said drifted 100 times and it isnt even a disc golf term.

i can tell youre baked because you said drifted 100 times and it isnt even a disc golf term.

lol maybe i got too baked when i was younger and im just permanently baked, but i assure you im not.. although i was watching the patriots/bengals game while typing that :doh:

My pink icon bandit flies that same way. I would love to see one of these in Pinnacle with a subtle dome on it. Guessing that would be right in my wheelhouse.

love my bandits .. carry three of them .. a seasoned 165g White Icon, 169g Blue Icon and 168g Blue Legend .. the flat blue Icon is the beefiest of the three for me.. my seasoned white is pretty flippy but so damn fun to throw and my Legend falls right in the middle .. hell they are the only true distance disc i carry lol

How do you find they differ from your patriots? I'm thinking about grabbing an icon and pinnacle patriot because I'm really impressed with the Bandit.

How do you find they differ from your patriots? I'm thinking about grabbing an icon and pinnacle patriot because I'm really impressed with the Bandit.

I absolutely love my Bandits. I'm a low power thrower (300ft) and the Bandit is my longest straight disc. I have several longer discs but they need room for some turn then fade to stretch them out. I was excited to try the patriot as it has the same turn and fade numbers -2/1 but I'm finding the patriot to be MUCH more overstable than my bandits. For me it flies very close to my Rival. My Patriot is labled as Pinnacle but it has the swirly look of gold line plastic. Anybody else find Patriots to be more stable/overstable than Bandits?

Yeah I'm in the same boat. The Bandit is clearly an understable disc. But Patriots (even lightweight patriots) are not understable, and they take a long time to beat into what I'd call understable.

I've bought a small stack of Patriots in varying plastics and weights over the past year. None of them are going to turn as much as a Bandit. BUT, I've grown to really love the Patriot for what it is: an awesome driver for wooded courses.

FWIW, I'm throwing Patriots out to about 330-350' on good days, and Bandits another 30-50 feet.

I was excited to try the patriot as it has the same turn and fade numbers -2/1 but I'm finding the patriot to be MUCH more overstable than my bandits. For me it flies very close to my Rival. My Patriot is labled as Pinnacle but it has the swirly look of gold line plastic. Anybody else find Patriots to be more stable/overstable than Bandits?

I think the Pinnacle Pats are a bit more stable then Icons. I'm really hoping that Pinnacle Bandits are the same way, I love a nice stable one slightly gummy.

Is there a big difference between stability with different colors of bandits? I'm looking to grab a first run because I like the stamp and wanted to see if anyone had any info about this.

The first runs were flippier than the regular runs. I have a 169g blue regular run that's absolutely dead straight. It's a faster Patriot. In most of Legacy's molds, reds are flippyier <except for outlaws, apparently>.

Thanks, I may try to track down a blue. My 168 pink needs some good hyzer to stay straight