• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bartledoo

Signs get stolen, damaged, covered in graffiti. So do baskets. Tee pads get damaged, covered in graffiti. What do you think will get done to the cameras? And what would be the cost to have multiple cameras on a course? Plus, a lot of places you would probably have to get some kind of permission since you would be recording people without their permission and its not your property.

As someone who has a degree in Entrepreneurship, I fully understand what you are doing.

I did your survey as honestly as I could.

Now do I think it is a good idea? No.

Why?
Because disc golfers are cheap. Shoot, you see them cry about pay to play courses.

The entrepreneur in me first thinks of the costs vs income.

Trail cameras are great if you own a private course and want a record of who is playing your course. They can also be used if you are having issues with vandalism.

But to be able to record a tee shot, you are going to seen a lot of memory. I mean a LOT of memory. and a trail cam is not going to work, you will need a full CCTV camera system. The good thing is these are not expensive, they can be set up to only record motion and they can work via wifi.

But someone is going to have to go into the recordings and pull the video.

If you need more data for your survey, there are a couple of Facebook pages you could post on to get some feedback. Just remember, you are going to see a lot of negatives comments.

Who am I? Well, been playing disc golf for 35+ years (PDGA #5380) am in the Texas Disc Golf Hall of Fame, have played over 1600 courses an counting. Only have 24 aces and counting. I have to be honest, I spend WAY TO MUCH money to play disc golf. But I have zero problem paying to play courses. I did graduate from University of North Texas (1990) with a BS degree in Entrepreneurship and I have owned my own business (pizza delivery) for 30+ years now.

Latest posts