[Westside] Bear

Threw a Bear for the first time today. VIP, 176g.

Nice flier. Decent dome. Very similar to a Thunderbird, Getaway, Vulture, or Anax. Honestly, the Bear is everything the Stag wishes it could be (Stag is ridiculously flippy and useless).

The Bear flies pretty long for a speed 8 driver, and was keeping up with the Anax fairly easily. Just a tiny hint of turn on hard throws. Very easy to control, and the Bear won't get flippy or erratic on you. Thrown hard hyzer the Bear stood up flat and stayed there. Glide is good, and fade is late and gradual.

Top distance was about 400'. The Bear will definitely cover some ground if you put a lot of arm into it. This is a bit of a "tweener" driver (too long for a fairway, but somewhat below max distance).

Overall I really liked the Bear. I won't say it does things that can't be done with other drivers, but the performance was impressive. Just a reliable, straight-flying driver that's fairly easy to throw accurately.

Bear: 8, 5, -0.5, 2.

Westside did well here. Anyone who throws Westside will probably want to take a long look at this one.

Bear is great, like a Stag OS. I don't find all Stags to be uselessly flippy but I definitely have had a few that are and none of my three Bears have been anything but very nice.

Latest posts