• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best course by state

Be increasingly skeptical as you go down any State list though. Looking through those I've bagged the most, I want to argue with positions among the top 5 courses, and laugh that many of the others are even on the list at all. The other big failing with these lists are the poor representation asking newer courses, that may be much better than older ones that have a bunch of ratings. (You will probably have the same feeling when you look at the list for Texas...)

So, "buyer beware" - people should use the lists, but check 'em against reviews...and use the maps to look for nearby courses that you don't see listed.

And always feel free to ask reviewers for more details. Many of us LOVE talking about courses! You'd probably be happy to tell me more the next time I travel to Texas!

Last edited:
Other than the issue of newer, less-reviewed courses, I'm in general agreement with the list in my state. Not exact agreement, of course, but that's because everyone's tastes are different, including mine.

I'll footnote that you can create your own list, by the criteria you prefer, with the "Browse Courses" feature. For example, I can get around the fewer-reviews issue by listing courses by any number of reviews.