• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in Southeast

and i think crooked creek in chapin, sc and stoney hill are much better choices than earlwood and owens. I would think crooked creek and stoney to be my top 2 followed by owens then lastly earlwood.

If you're stopping in Columbia, SC you should play Owens Field as well as Earlwood, the course is way better than the reviews/ratings it gets here.

I strongly disagree with playing owens field. I live an hour and a half away and will not return to play there again. I give it a 2 star rating.

Trophy lakes in Charleston sc is 1 of the best courses I have ever played and I would strongly reccomend playing it. I give it a 5 star rating.

All terrain disc golf just north of columbia sc is another super course. I give a 5 star rating.

Trophy Lakes may be the best course our traveler can play without a lot of extra driving. Assuming he considers throwing near and over water a thrill, not a drawback. Lots of water.

The shortest route from Orlando to Greenville, NC is right up I-95. There are two fine courses virtually on the offramps near Savannah, and Trophy Lakes is closer to I-95 than any other top-flight course he might choose.

And these courses are likely to be 10-15 degrees warmer this time of year, if that matters.

Unless you're absolutely set on Boyd Hill I'd consider passing there. It's okay, not great - especailly if you're looking for a tour of the 'best' the southeast has to offer.

OP said he wanted the best so let's assume he is a good player and brave. That's why I said trophy lakes.

OP said he wanted the best so let's assume he is a good player and brave. That's why I said trophy lakes.

Sound reasoning. I certainly put Trophy Lakes in the "thrill" category. It occurred to me after the post that the Sarge has plenty of water as well. I'm not as sure about Tom Triplett. Certainly that trio could lighten a bag.

I guess the likely routes are (1) I-95 all the way, (2) I-95, I-26, I-77 as far north as he wishes, or (3) I-75 to Atlanta, I-85 from there. With limited time, any combination of courses would likely fall into one of those routes.

Triplett and the sarge are both awesome courses.

Apparently I like very difficult courses. Yes I loose a lot of discs in water (look at my sig) lol.

Sauls don't worry I will make it up to your course someday as I know it will be a great challenge!

I hear the IDGC is great. If you are in Rock Hill, SC you might as well play Winthrop. Lots of history there and a cool layout.

But the historic course isn't set up but for 2 weeks a year. Thats the worst thing about winthrop is that it is kind of easy without the good holes.

FlyBoy is great, and maybe an hour to hour and a half westish from Atlanta on I20.
McCurry park is a pretty nice public course in Fayetteville, maybe 30 minutes south of Atlanta along I75.
Indian Creek is pretty nice, and about an hour east of Atlanta, on the way to Augusta along I20.
Sandy Creek is in Athens, GA, and is pretty nice. It's pay to play, and is closed on Mondays. I think Hwy78 is the direct route from ATL.
North GA Canopy tours is an awesome pay to play up I985, about an hour north of Atlanta.
The IDGC is epic. Steady Ed and WR Jackson are requisite courses in the Augusta area.
Lake Olmstead, Riverview, Patriot's, Pendleton King, and the courses at the Hippodrome are all good courses in that area. North Augusta is only like 30 minutes from the IDGC.
Chattooga Belle Farms is a great course up I85 in the Northwest corner of South Carolina.

There are several other nice courses throughout the South East, but those are some of the one's I've played and think are the best.

Only one I have played was triplett and it was a blast, would give it a 4+ rating. I played the blues as we had to get on the road and my wife and brother werent quite up to the gold standard. Next time the golds for sure.

I would skip Boyd Hill and play Winthrop instead if I was you. Or you could skip Rock Hill entirely and play the courses up in Charlotte. Earlewood is the only course I would play in Columbia. Skip Owens Field especially if it rains the day before when you are in Columbia.

Latest posts