• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in TEXAS

savestheday

Par Member
I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I'm to lazy to find it. what are they and since i live in nacogdoches(east texas) would it be worth the drive.

Being from Nac, the DFW metroplex would probably give you the most bang for your buck. Here are my top courses...check em out on DGCR for more details:

1) Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX (east of Dallas along I-30...well maintained, challenging Houck course. Bring your golf shots)
2) Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX (South of Dallas...2 courses on a nature preserve...beautiful and a good challenge)
3) Towne Lakes - McKinney, TX (30-40min north of Dallas, but worth the drive. Lots of woods, a big creek, very challenging)
4) Z-Boaz - Ft Worth, TX (another Houck course...plenty of elevation, thoughtful design, a DFW classic)
5) Bicentennial Park - Crowley, TX (b/w Dallas and Ft Worth...ELEVATION and rough terrain, VERY challenging w/ 3 sets of tees)

RustyP said:
Being from Nac, the DFW metroplex would probably give you the most bang for your buck. Here are my top courses...check em out on DGCR for more details:

1) Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX (east of Dallas along I-30...well maintained, challenging Houck course. Bring your golf shots)
2) Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX (South of Dallas...2 courses on a nature preserve...beautiful and a good challenge)
3) Towne Lakes - McKinney, TX (30-40min north of Dallas, but worth the drive. Lots of woods, a big creek, very challenging)
4) Z-Boaz - Ft Worth, TX (another Houck course...plenty of elevation, thoughtful design, a DFW classic)
5) Bicentennial Park - Crowley, TX (b/w Dallas and Ft Worth...ELEVATION and rough terrain, VERY challenging w/ 3 sets of tees)

agreed to the fullest (x infinity and beyond!!)

I would like to add that Lake Lewisville is a blast...not the hardest but its is beautiful and right along side the lake!!

Also, Bicentennial can be hard to navigate so try to follow or play with locals or take a map

RustyP said:

The Beast in Waco is my favorite.

RustyP said:

Also

East Metro Park - Manor, Tx

Mclaine - San Antonio

Circle C - Austin

I'm a truck driver currently stranded for the weekend at the Pilot truck stop in Houston. I have my bag with me (always). Wouldn't mind getting a round in if someone was willing to pick me up. I would of course chip in for gas and a few after game Corona's. PM if interested.

I really Like Twin parks Private course two 18's park hill, and park shire.... just be aware of the rattle snakes its in dripping springs.

Then there is old settler park for big arms, Round rock

Pease park is fun, Austin

Circle C is cool too , Austin