• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best DG Course and Brewery Combo.

air show

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The town of Hays is a small German community of about 25,000 people located in western Kansas. Two things I know about the people of Hays they love disc golf and they love their beer.

Frontier park (home of the flying bison) is one of the oldest disc golf courses in the country. The course has many cosmetic flaws but with a little TLC one day could reach a top ranking.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1294

Gella's Diner & Lb. Brewing co. is located downtown Hays less than a mile from Frontier DG park. I am a big fan of wheat beer and I have yet to taste one as good as Gella's. Moreover they have named a brew after the disc golf course (Flying Bison #43 Rye). How's that for hijinks?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...iKATAT&usg=AFQjCNF3j9disH6a_RFZd4JRccbVU0f2Dw

http://www.lbbrewing.com/shop/desktop-43-1680x1050.jpg

There is two things I love in this world disc golf and a good brewsky. So if you know of any other great DG brewery combos I would appreciate any suggestions thanks from Kansas.

Gella's Diner & Lb. Brewing co. is located downtown Hays less than a mile from Frontier DG park. I am a big fan of wheat beer and I have yet to taste one as good as Gella's. Moreover they have named a brew after the disc golf course (Flying Bison #43 Rye). How's that for hijinks?

Well, that's not really a combo, is it? By that standard, I can come up with any # of courses in Portland that have breweries right down the street.

But then there's McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove OR, that has a 9er on the grounds of the brewery itself. The course is a fun play, but most beer afficianados have moved on to much better beer.

Well, that's not really a combo, is it? By that standard, I can come up with any # of courses in Portland that have breweries right down the street.

But then there's McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove OR, that has a 9er on the grounds of the brewery itself. The course is a fun play, but most beer afficianados have moved on to much better beer.

Down the street is alright by me. Not really looking for a course and Brewery on the same property but a course and brew that rank high together as a combo.

Another vote for Anderson Valley. Fun, intermediate course, that pretty much any family could play and enjoy. But long enough for advanced players also to enjoy.

Given the criteria, I will go for Kalamazoo and Bells. Given the disc golf/brewery property......Anderson Valley.

Hyland orchard and brewery is/was pretty sweet. Play through orchards and theres an outdoor and indoor bar on site in addition to the brewery. Unfortunately they closed 9 holes to rent out the space for weddings, etc.

Lots of better beer around, for sure, but a Rubinator does hit the spot!

Smugglers Notch VT, 2.5 courses on the mountain, another 2 world class courses within an hour, and at least 3 world class breweries (alchemist, lawsons, hill farmstead) within an hour (probably more with the way they are popping up).

Or maybe Stafford Lake county park in Novato CA, not far from Petaluma which houses Lagunitas, and now a Ballast point brew pub, and is only about 45 minutes from Russian river brewing as well.

Central Wisconsin-Stevens Point/Wausau Area.

O'so Brewery is 5 mins away from Standing Rock. Central Waters is about 20-30 minutes away.

30 mins away in Wausau they have Red Eye Brewery, Bull Falls Brewery and Great Dane.

At least 5 Breweries (and a Distillery) and multiple courses within an hour travel area.

Flaherty Park in Watervliet, MI. Nice fun little 9 hole course. All par 3 with prob 6 holes are potential aces.

Course is right behind Archlight Brewery. Great selection of brews, no food but you can bring your own in or several places deliver there.

They also sell some Archlight printed Dynamic Discs.
12675209_10207971884127175_2099147500_o_zpsz7pbkhrp.jpg

Smugglers Notch VT, 2.5 courses on the mountain, another 2 world class courses within an hour, and at least 3 world class breweries (alchemist, lawsons, hill farmstead) within an hour (probably more with the way they are popping up).

Or maybe Stafford Lake county park in Novato CA, not far from Petaluma which houses Lagunitas, and now a Ballast point brew pub, and is only about 45 minutes from Russian river brewing as well.

The entire state of VT is a great brewery and disc golf combo.

Whale Rock DGC in Paso Robles, CA actually plays through the vineyards of Castoro Winery. Sure, it may not be craft beer, but your moderate greens fees also includes wine tasting. Solid course, great weather, 18 holes.

Quad cities. Bent river , front street , great river, rock island brewery to name a couple. Bent river had a dry hopped pale ale was really wonderful. Probably 10 maybe more golf courses within 20-30 min.

Latest posts