• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discing down fairway.

Leopard/Teebird combo is a good choice. Leopard for straight to turnover. Teebird for Straight to hyzer as well as wind fighting and sidearm.

Im going to say no on the Teebird and no on the Leopard actually.

Teebird is not what I consider a "line shaper". I know, it CAN but not easily and really until you get good, its mainly just a straight fairway, and maybe the best at that, but not for learning. It will forgive a lot of OAT and you also want to shape lines with a single mold. I only say this cause I went Leopard/Teebird combo for a long time and its a great combo, I just dont think you learn much from it.

Leopards to me are way too forgiving. You need a little punishment to know when you do something wrong. There is, however; a very similar option that can be used here and thats the Cheetah.

In short, I suggest the speed 6 fairways. Cheetah, Cyclone, Gazelle.

Rivers would work well.

Cores would be good. fast midrange.

Rivers kind of spoil you though. I know, call me spoiled. lol

Im going to say no on the Teebird and no on the Leopard actually.

Teebird is not what I consider a "line shaper". I know, it CAN but not easily and really until you get good, its mainly just a straight fairway, and maybe the best at that, but not for learning. It will forgive a lot of OAT and you also want to shape lines with a single mold. I only say this cause I went Leopard/Teebird combo for a long time and its a great combo, I just dont think you learn much from it.

Leopards to me are way too forgiving. You need a little punishment to know when you do something wrong. There is, however; a very similar option that can be used here and thats the Cheetah.

In short, I suggest the speed 6 fairways. Cheetah, Cyclone, Gazelle.

^^^ I somehow missed the 2nd page and on but Mashnut has it pretty nailed as far as overall lineup.

I wouldnt rule out a Stalker either. The Zs are good for straight/turnovers and the Glos are good for line shaping.

I agree with most everything said here except 1 thing. If you are discing down to improve form the teebird should be avoided, especially in premium plastics. Its quite stable and can handle a bit of oat. Amazing driver, that I would never recommend not trying.
If you must have premium plastic, I would recommenced the ESP cyclone or Champ Leopard. But a D or X cyclone, DX gazelle, pro TL, D or X XL are the best bets in my book.

Alright,I guess I could take a couple,what would be the best compliment to the Leopard(since I have one on the way.)Also thanks for the responses guys,all this info is helpful,keep it comin'.

Leopard is a great choice. A Teebird is a bit faster and longer so the Loepard will be better for you to practice good form.

I'd say Leopard and a more overstable complement, such as a Predator. The Leo could be used for anything from low power straight shots to hyzer flip bombs to turnovers. Something like a Stalker or Eagle to be in between the other two would be good as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts