• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best/Favorite Premium Plastic Throwing Putter

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
What's everyone liking these days for their premium plastic throwing putter with the caveat that it's also alright for putting (i.e. No Zones, A2s, Slammers, and other discs no one actually putts with)?

What's everyone liking these days for their premium plastic throwing putter with the caveat that it's also alright for putting (i.e. No Zones, A2s, Slammers, and other discs no one actually putts with)?

If you're talking about actually putting with the premium plastic, I'd vote for a neutron soft Proxy or Envy. For some reason, it's the only premium plastic I don't mind putting with (tbh the regular neutron would do just fine), and they're both amazing throwers too.

K3 Reko. You're asking yourself "isn't K3 a Baseline Plastic" and I ask you, "is it though?". Planning on getting a K1 to try out soon because the disc is just fantastic.

If you're talking about actually putting with the premium plastic, I'd vote for a neutron soft Proxy or Envy. For some reason, it's the only premium plastic I don't mind putting with (tbh the regular neutron would do just fine), and they're both amazing throwers too.

I could've worded it "favorite putter in premium plastic for one disc rounds." Basically looking for putters that are actually shaped like a putter so that when you putt with it, it doesn't feel as weird as putting with a Zone or Harp.

Neutron Soft Envy, I use electrons way more since they were so readily available at every tournament prize table the last 12 months but for premium the N soft is the best IMO.

Put a plasma Envy high on the list, but a C-Line P2 is what I'm looking forward to.

Depends on if you want hyzer-flip and gliding turn, or laser straight with stability at the end. Lucid Warden is a hyzer-flip and turn bomber. Active Premium Sensei is laser straight. The Plasma Envy is very resistant to turn and stable.

I like beadless.

My thumbs up also extends to the Berg for laser straight with control.

I'm using a Plasma Ion and Eclipse Envy combo right now. I'd use Ions if I had to putt with premium plastic.

Eclipse Envy would get my vote for a one disc round but I actually bag a Diamond Wizard FWIW

Brockness Monster and jmdaire 27 were both so close....

Reko K3 Hard.

The K1 was a little deep for my hand (like a Judge). The regular K3 is my go-to putter, but the new "hard" mix is the perfect thrower, and I often pick it up and putt with it.

Brockness Monster and jmdaire 27 were both so close....

Reko K3 Hard.

The K1 was a little deep for my hand (like a Judge). The regular K3 is my go-to putter, but the new "hard" mix is the perfect thrower, and I often pick it up and putt with it.

Looking forward to trying some K3 hard plastic soon. Rekos and Bergs all the way

I could've worded it "favorite putter in premium plastic for one disc rounds." Basically looking for putters that are actually shaped like a putter so that when you putt with it, it doesn't feel as weird as putting with a Zone or Harp.

C or S Line P2, with preference for C Line

I have some old Champ Aviars that are quite nice as well. Tried some of the newer ones; they aren't the same.

I've got a champ BB aviar that I have been throwing quite a bit lately. Its not a zone or super OS but compared to a KC Aviar its much more trustworthy.

Neutron Soft Envy, I use electrons way more since they were so readily available at every tournament prize table the last 12 months but for premium the N soft is the best IMO.
Any reason why you prefer soft over regular Neutron? I figured that would be too flexy for your torque.
Eclipse Envy would get my vote for a one disc round but I actually bag a Diamond Wizard FWIW

You're the first premium plastic Wizard thrower I think I've heard of. Neat.

I'm going either ESP TS Luna or Fierce, depending on the wind and what I want to work on/line to shape. I seem to putt better with them than their "baseline" equivalents as long as it isn't wet, and as long as it's a what if putt.