• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Best Midrange Driver?

worms.jpg

a Roc!

I'm loving the Truth, but I used to Roc a Buzzz all day!

Just feel em up until one speaks to you! Can't go wrong with any company, really.

When I think "midrange driver" I'm thinking a tweener. The Zombee fits the bill perfectly.

If you're talking about a more traditional mid, then it's N Axis, all day.

I like Warship for that role - very long for a mid, and nice straight lines.

When I think "midrange driver" I'm thinking a tweener. The Zombee fits the bill perfectly.

If you're talking about a more traditional mid, then it's N Axis, all day.

I bet an Axis could go just as far as a Zombee. But Zombees sure don't power down as well as an Axis!

The best mids I have thrown are a Z Comet, a ESP Buzz, a Dx Roc, a Prodigy 400s Proto PA4 and a 300s M4. The most used disc in a round currently is my PA4, but any one of these discs will do in a pinch. What I believe to be the most important traits of a go to midrange is versatility, and dependability. All of the above discs mentioned fly different, have different stabilities(I don't really know this, I assume there's variance), yet they are all versatile and dependable. Don't pigeon hole yourself by trying only one manufacturer, try as many as you can afford is my advice, (says the guy who carries an all Prodigy bag).

Put me down for a Vibram Ibex vote. Stable, dead straight for anyone who throws it, and tree proof.

I really want to see a domey Roc3 now, can you post some pics?

received a stack of roc3's (big bird stamp) in a commission trade early in the production run and three were quite domey, especially compared to the flat ones on the bunch. didn't need 'em and got rid of 'em.

btw, they were all lighter weights.

Tangent or FR Axis all day! They are both dependable mids that can handle any roll you need (along with being good out the box)

C MD2

CMD2 is what I throw. It's very stable so you can put a ton of juice in to it and not turn it over but it's not overstable so when you power down it's not a meathook. Holds lines really well especially when you break one in a bit.

The best part about them is it's by far the best stable mid in the wind I've ever thrown. It behaves like a much more overstable mid in the wind where as a buzzz will not handle wind as well.

Agreed. Although the C MD2 seems to lack speed or something. I guess that's good, having a slower disc but with some glide. Definitely a good wind mid.

I love my 180 Z Buzzz's and a 180 Z Wasp for that slot personally. Been really digging the wasp lately because mine has a really healthy fade at the end but still flies almost as far as my Buzzz. Very reliable for midrange hyzers and flat shots that can't go right or too straight. I don't use it very often but when I do It is usually perfect for the line and is so intuitive to use.