• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Best Midrange Driver?

I really like the Discraft Hornet. The disc is really fast and has some insane glide for something so overstable.

And to take it one step further you should get a Comet to go along with the Hornet. :D

Put me down for a Vibram Ibex vote. Stable, dead straight for anyone who throws it, and tree proof.

I've become a huge fan of the Ibex too. I have a few, and they are "go to" discs. For an old guy newb, they are easy to get comfortable with. :thmbup:

I've been giving a lot of thought in which midrange disc I can throw consistently around 250'. I'm confident I want a Buzzz (unless you suggest something different). I'm looking for a stable to over stable disc. Any suggestions on plastic and weight it should be?

170g - 175g Innova Star Gremlin or Innova Pro Gremlin if you can get your hands on one,

I agree with the Ibex votes. The Ibex brings the best things about both the Buzzz and Comet together in one rubbery package. Super straight, laser-beam shots, Ibex has you covered. Floaty, anhyzer around the corner? Once again, Ibex has you covered. Power hyzer around the long, gradual dogleg left??? Yet again, Ibex has you covered.

If anyone hasn't thrown an Ibex, I strongly suggest you go pick one up.

Ibex.

Incredibly easy to throw and it holds any line thrown.

Great disc

ESP pink Buzzz 173 g. My favorite disc but if you ask me the pink is the most important part (because it looks so pretty)

Latest posts