• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best/Worst Hotels or deals

TOURNEYPLAYER

*Reform School Scholar*
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Post your hidden gems or places to avoid here. sometimes when your travel its nice to no where to go or where not to go. i will start.

Using my PDGA discount during the CAC i stayed at a Wingate by Renaissance Park for 53 a night. quite a steal considering the Sleep Inn less than a half a mile away was 60. my hotel had a flat screen, king bed, sleeper sofa, outdoor pool. (open) hottub. hot breakfast with eggs and sausage and biscuits. how much better can it get.

I use my pdga at motel 6. Always get 3-5.00 off a nite and I've never payer more than 38.99 a nite after said discount.

My gf works for a hotel and we get a sweet discount nearly all Starwood hotels. We get $150.00 a night rooms for $49-$69. I guess that doesn't help too many people, but if you know anyone that works at a hotel, maybe check with them.

Not necessarily a good deal or a discount, but if you ever find yourself in the desolate north eastern Arizona stop by and sleep in a wigwam (really a tee pee,but hey) at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook. The people that own/run the place are super nice, it runs right around 60 at night and you get to sleep in a giant concrete tee pee.

Anybody have any places to def not stay? the motel 6 discount is good but how good are those hotels?

I've been using Super 8 motels recently, and they're Ok. Fairly inexpensive and you can get the pDGA discount if you ask (sometimes they don't know what it is but they'll try to work with you anyway). This past winter we built a nursing home in the OK panhandle (Guymon, OK) and I stayed there for many nights. Nice place, good rooms, free breakfast (eggs, sausage, bisquits & gravy, plus other options), big tv, fridge, microwave, and friendly owners. My only regret is that I didn't sign up for the Wyndham Rewards program from the first. Man I could have accumulated a LOT of points from that project.

Anybody have any places to def not stay? the motel 6 discount is good but how good are those hotels?
It varies. Sometimes even from room to room in the same motel. The newer interior corridor Motel 6's are generally better than the older exterior corridor ones with the familiar puke green doors. Generally for me, the location of the motel and the parking is more important than the room quality. I mean, its Motel 6, not the Radisson.

One's I like:
West Des Moines, IA (I-80 & Jordan Creek)
Aurora, CO (I-225 & Iliff)
Brooklyn Center, MN (I-94 & Shingle Creek Pkwy.)
North Platte, NE (I-80 & US-83)
Lewisville, TX (I-35E & Lakepointe)

One's I'll likely not stay in again
Des Moines, IA (I-80/35 & NE 14th)
Fort Worth, TX (I-20 & Las Vegas Trail)
Oklahoma City, OK (I-40 & Meridian)
Sioux Falls, SD (I-29 & Russell)

The motel 6 locations I've been to have been great. I'm sure there's some locations that aren't up to par, but I make sure to NOT stay in the ghetto when traveling lol, so I haven't seen any yet.

THe worst hotel i ever stayed at was this Cracked out Days inn in N Charleston SC. there were women of the night all over the place and they were all high on crack.

Picked up a nasty staph infection from the Holiday Inn express in downtown Chicago. Won't go back there. Actually try not to go back to holiday inn's in general for work since Hamptons offer the same gov't rate and are hella better.

Played tournament at Ashe County Park in very remote and small Jefferson, NC. Made reservations at the Nations Inn, sight unseen, $72 per night. They swore we would not need a credit card to hold room, just show up....even if late at night.

Arrived 11 pm on Friday night of the tournament. True to to their word, they'd held the reservation, and told us that due to a rate change, it would only be $49 per night. In my experience, the world just doesn't work this way.

But it was true, and room was nice, Hampton Inn-quality.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at was a Motel 6 in Ventura, CA. Now keep in mind we had stayed at a great one up near Santa Barbara the previous night, but this night boy did we choose the wrong hotel.

I'm standing in line waiting to get my room when I hear the lady in line behind me answer the phone, here's her side of the conversation:

Answers, "Hey Baby. Well I'd love to, but I'm working right now." "Let me get a hold of you when I'm done here."

Needless to say we just tossed our sleeping bags on top of the blankets and took off at first light.

Picked up a nasty staph infection from the Holiday Inn express in downtown Chicago. Won't go back there. Actually try not to go back to holiday inn's in general for work since Hamptons offer the same gov't rate and are hella better.

Staph infection from a hotel? thats nasty. I found a open buckknife in a nice beachfront hotel once. kinda odd. half eaten oreo behind a bed once too. that was at the crack hotel in N charleston.

Staph infection from a hotel? thats nasty. I found a open buckknife in a nice beachfront hotel once. kinda odd. half eaten oreo behind a bed once too. that was at the crack hotel in N charleston.

Yeah it was not fun. Checked out on Thursday, Friday afternoon it started to hurt, by Tuesday when I went to the doctor it was the size of a softball on my ass.

Missed 3 days of work. Sucked hard. I've contacted the Holiday Inn, and responded to their questionaire asking them to contact me, and they never have. I just wanted to tell them to make sure and bleach the hell out of everythin in the room since I was there for 2 days, and it either came from the bed or the chair.

They refuse to respond so I won't go back there, and if asked by them again I will tell them that.

I use the Choice Hotel chain about 14 times per year because of their frequent deals such as the current stay 2 times and get a free night you've probably seen the commercial for on TV. They also have a credit card to earn more points for free nights or typical redemption items.

Send me a PM with your email address if you want a referal link to their rewards program sent to you that will get us both 1000 points ($10) on top of whatever other promotion is going on!

Latest posts