• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] bestb dx and pro-d discs

fbj2361

Bogey Member
well i decided to field test a couple new discs from an extremely cheap valu pack at gotta go throw what discs shoul i get

TeeBird, Eagle-X (Ls are good but not in DX), Roc and Gazelle are no brainers.

I have a very old Banshee that was great in DX but its the older DX, from at least 10 years ago. Dont know how they hold up now as the plastics a little different.

Other than that, as others have said:

Eagles
Teebirds
Gazelles
Rocs

Im curious about Discrafts D. Havent had a lot of experience with it.

Roc
Teebird (Dx might be the best plastic for a Teebird)
Eagle

I have also like DX Valkyries but I may be alone on this one as they are not very popular with most of the peeps I play with.

agreed.

Not a roc user but I think people love DX Rocs. Eagles are good in DX, as are Avairs and magnets. Most putters i would guess. My first buzzz was a Pro D and was pretty much a solid work horse for a year

for a kid your age I would go with your choice of putter, a 150 Leopard, 125 Buzzz, 160 Buzzz, 150 Teebird, and a 144 Viking, just for kicks. Maybe a 150 sidewinder would be more practical, but the viking is fun.

Last edited:
Get a Roc, Cyclone, and Teebird.

The Pro-D Cyclone will look like total CRAP after like 2 days, but it will fly nice and turn into an excellent turnover driver.

The Roc will start out overstable, but beat into a nice left fading midrange, and then eventually a very good straight mid range.

The Teebird will also start out overstable, but the LSS will beat out of it, and you will have the best straight flying fairway driver ever made.

The Teebird will also start out overstable, but the LSS will beat out of it, and you will have the best straight flying fairway driver ever made.

concur! as short a time as I've been playing my DX TeeBird has gone from noob hyzerspiking (mostly my fault) to a nice fade at the end and is now almost dead straight with a light very predictable fade just before losing the last bit of flight height.

I've also noticed a change in the newest DX plastic that has been showing up in the local shops. not sure if it's across the board or just on some discs but it's a lot smoother and less "flat" (as in flat paint) looking, almost to the point of being shiny. Again, not sure if that's a DX wide thing or just certain discs.