• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Breaking Bad Timing Habit

I tried keeping my upper arm far away from my body, and I think I was feeling what that was doing, but I'm not sure if that's cueing something different from the "out-in-out" feeling? Or is that what it is? It seems to create a trade-off for me right now, it often makes the feeling of redirecting the disc more obvious, but my backswing doesn't tend to feel as "heavy" when I'm thinking about something other than tossing the disc straight back and up.

In any case, I felt like for other reasons things were starting to go off the rails a bit, so I decided I needed to rewind my form a week or so to something more vertical, forgetting about specifics for a moment, just thinking about hershyzer and hammering out the back of the disc.

Feel like there might be some new good stuff here? My footwork has gone downhill a bit and I don't like what my left arm is doing at any point, but I feel like more and more my body is starting the understand the right task, as far as how to go about orienting itself to throw the disc. Right arm is definitely looking a little trapped though, looks like maybe I'm just starting the swing too early?