• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun vs Pocket Radar

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun coming in at $127
Pocket Radar coming in at $399

is the other really worth that much more or will the bushnell be enough?

Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun coming in at $127
Pocket Radar coming in at $399

is the other really worth that much more or will the bushnell be enough?

I believe the bushnell requires someone to operate it?

The ball coach works just like the pocket radar for 100 less. Doesn't have the Bluetooth capability. You can set it for continuous speed check so no need for second person to operate it.

I have a Bushnell Speed Gun, and it works well. It does require someone to operate it. It may take a little practice, but within a few tries, the operator can get consistent speed measurements. A friend of mine bought a radar system that is stationary, and you are supposed to throw over the top of. It has an LED screen that is supposed to show the speed. I believe it is more expensive than the Bushnell, but I really don't know what he paid for it. I do know that he never got it to work correctly. The setup instructions included using a tuning fork (I don't know why). We messed around with it for a while and never got consistent or believable results.

decided to go with the $300 pocket radar. Tripod and mount setup from amazon. Looking for a net now..

Latest posts