• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Buzzz vs. Mako3

MikeM

* Condor Member *
My Buzzz flies very straight with little or no fade at the end of its flight. It also turns right into a headwind. How would a Mako3 compare to this? Is it any more resilient to a headwind? Even less fade than a Buzzz?

makos are fairly neutral. Not great in the wind.

Depending how far you throw the mako will either be easy to throw straight or a turnover/ hyzer flip machine.

If anything it would bee a touch more understable. Also a tad slower.

If you want something a bit beefier than a Buzz, but not a zero glide pig, you could try the Vector, Rancho Roc, Wasp etc.

I started with the Buzz but now I like my Star Mako3. It is laser straight. However, I still don't trust it completely into a brisk headwind. I think that is me still learning, though.

My star mako 3 flew out of the box like a slightly broken in buzz. Now it's slightly understable with tons of glide and just enough fade to flatten out at the end of big annys and not cut roll. The Innova disc that flies most like a buzz is the Atlas, although the buzz is a bit longer.

I dropped my Buzzz for the Mako3. I just find it easier to work with. Having thrown both for a while I can tell you the Buzzz is just a little more stable than a Mako3... at least the Z Buzzz is.