• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carolina Clash smaller this year?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Just registered for Carolina Clash in Charlotte, NC. One of my favorite tournies. Seems that it went from 4 rounds to only 3. Also looks like less courses are being used. This was a huge B Teir last year. Im not complaing as my wife and I are going anyway. Was curious if anyone has any insight on the changes.

Well, it was probably bigger as a Worlds warm-up event. Since World's isn't in Charlotte this year, they're probably thinking they don't need to accomodate as many players or that it will be as big of a draw. Just speculation though...

clash

Well, it was probably bigger as a Worlds warm-up event. Since World's isn't in Charlotte this year, they're probably thinking they don't need to accomodate as many players or that it will be as big of a draw. Just speculation though...

That makes sense. Never thought about that.

This will always be a big tourney worlds or not.The courses are bad ass.3 Rds sounds about right to me.GO Queen city and show them what DG is about.
:thmbup:

I see the 3 round thing becoming a growing trend. It's actually a pretty cool deal. The main body of the tournament is over around noon and you get home much earlier. For folks like you who are driving all the way from Tennessee you can start on that long drive back around 1 instead of 5. Unless you play well and make the final 9.

I would much rather play three-round tournaments. A four-round, out-of-town tourney is hard to do when you don't get home until late Sunday night.

i also think the three rounders are a good format. does make it much easier for the folks who travel to play.

and i will definitely be playing the clash this year.

carolina-clash.jpg

Its a shame Nevin isnt being used in a tournament this year (that I am aware of) haven't seen the CAC list. I like Bradford, but seems like a bit over Bradfording this year. Bradford Open, Clash, NC State Games.

I hope Bill uses Nevin for US Doubles at least.

Clash is still using 4 courses 5 layouts. Room for 288 players, that seems pretty big to me.

clash

Im not disapointed in it being only 3 rounds. Last year i had to take monday off because we got back so late. So how does the final 9 work? Is it a skins match or will everyone plY the final 9? Btw i played sugaw, bradford and hornets nest last year. Loved them.

Clash course selection this year is a HUGE disappointment. I wonder who is involved in making these decisions??? They picked the 3 oldest, most played out courses (ho's Nest, Sugaw, and Kilbourne). We have several premium courses that should have been used, RL, Nevin, Bradford, Eastway, Renny, Angry Beaver, etc. I'm still playing, but extremely disappointed in the course selection.

clash

Never played kilborne myself. Only played sugaw, hornets nest amd bradford. Would like to play nevin to see what its like. My wife played it last year. They had the womens and rec play at Nevin. Thought that was strange since its supposed to be so hard. Im sure if I was from the are I would prob agree with you. Luckily for me I dont know what Im missing.

Sidenote: How does the final nine holes work?

Frequently, due to time constrants, the longest and toughest layouts cannot be played during a tournament. Three round events allow the possibility of playing those type of layouts on the day you play only 1 round.

i.e. Renny Gold, Web, Nevin Nightmare.

Maybe they will do the Worlds final 9 since I think the sleeves are still in place. That would be sweet...at Hornet's Nest.

Latest posts