• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Certain discs/certain plastics?

Mbagnola1

Eagle Member
Why are certain discs not made in Pro Plastic?

They can produce a Wraith in Dx/Pro but not a Pro Firebird?

I really enjoy the feel of Pro but most discs i throw are not offered in it

It's a matter of how they mold up, and/or fly. Maybe Pro FB's don't fly like FB's should. They don't produce Champ Wolf's or (production) Champ Archangels for that reason also.

Typically Pro plastic adds glide and subtracts stability, so you see fewer very OS discs(monster, firebird, max,etc) in Pro.

Conversely Champ plastic performs more overstable so very understable discs(archangel, sidewinder, sonic,etc) are rate to see because as Bigsky said it detracts from what makes that disc valuable as a unique mold.

I'm going to say it's because you can make more money by doing limited runs, selling them on your pro shop, creating a panic that brings down your website, and then laughing while people scramble to get in a little order and get overcharged for discs and shipping.

It's all about the lulz and dollaz.

:D:popcorn:

I'm going to say it's because you can make more money by doing limited runs, selling them on your pro shop, creating a panic that brings down your website, and then laughing while people scramble to get in a little order and get overcharged for discs and shipping.

It's all about the lulz and dollaz.

:D:popcorn:

yeah, its kinda like that. I think that things are just made IF they are normal/constant sellers...then they do small runs of this and that so that, yes, when it seems like this is the "only chance" you have to get one, more people buy them...if they were always available...they woudlnt sell as much.....oh well....I wish I could put a order in with a Disc comparny and they would make exactly what im asking for.....I wish there was a way to just pick a mold, plastic, color, weight, and actually GET IT....but its a hunt all the time

yeah, its kinda like that. I think that things are just made IF they are normal/constant sellers...then they do small runs of this and that so that, yes, when it seems like this is the "only chance" you have to get one, more people buy them...if they were always available...they woudlnt sell as much.....oh well....I wish I could put a order in with a Disc comparny and they would make exactly what im asking for.....I wish there was a way to just pick a mold, plastic, color, weight, and actually GET IT....but its a hunt all the time

Get yourself cyro frozen. Come back in twenty years. You'll be able to print your own discs at home. Probably browse open source mold specs on your internet capable contact lense too. :cool:

Latest posts