• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Champion Cheetah

Samble

There is a run of champion cheetahs in the innova pro store. They are awesome, why this isn't a full time product for them baffles me.

Mine is 175, blue, domey-ish.

Samble said:
There is a run of champion cheetahs in the innova pro store. They are awesome, why this isn't a full time product for them baffles me.

Mine is 175, blue, domey-ish.

Holy moley! For real dude?That's Awesome.

I still got both of my KC Pro Cheetahs from back in the day.Use to love those things. Do these bad boys still fly like the old KC Pro's?

I did not have experience with the old KC ones. I have a dog who unfortunately restricts my plastic selections because he thinks the disc is his toy. So Pro-D, DX, and Vibram would get ruined in a round or two (Star doesn't hold up great, and I don't care for pro). The cheetah was something I thought I'd like in the bag, but couldn't justify due to the dog (he is still a puppy, and has actually gotten way better this year, not perfect yet). Once I saw these on the proshop, I ordered one, and love it. To me it seems like the most utilitarian fairway I've thrown, but can also handle you just bombing it, while still being controllable. Even putts well. If tomorrow I had to play a tourney with just one disc, I'd grab that cheetah.

The KC Pro's had a nice flight pattern, stable to slightly under-stable at high speeds, but getting really over-stable at lower speeds. But they lack glide, which is probably why they never became super popular.

The reason Innova doesn't push old molds is because everyone mostly buys just the latest and greatest things, and thinks poorly of older models. For example, the Champ Roc3 was needed to revive the Roc mold (one of the most famous molds of all time), it wasn't selling well before that release.

JHern said:
The KC Pro's had a nice flight pattern, stable to slightly under-stable at high speeds, but getting really over-stable at lower speeds. But they lack glide, which is probably why they never became super popular.

The reason Innova doesn't push old molds is because everyone mostly buys just the latest and greatest things, and thinks poorly of older models. For example, the Champ Roc3 was needed to revive the Roc mold (one of the most famous molds of all time), it wasn't selling well before that release.

I used mine for so many years just because of that. I loved how they were able to do what you wanted them to. I also liked them because they flew like a slower Valkyrie to me. :thumbup:

Latest posts