• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charleston Classic - A tier - Dec 1/2

Yep, but if a righty BH hyzers out, his disc is fading safely towards land. If a lefty BH hyzers out, his disc is fading disasterously to the bottom of the lake...

Still, I'm in. No one ever accused me of being afraid to throw my most treasured plastic over water hazards, just wish some of the water holes could be safe to the right, but I don't see any of that here; all of them look like an extra stroke if I don't end the flight straight, which means slower discs, which means less distance...

Bennett, not sure what division you are signed up for. At trophy, from the whites there are only a few holes, that are truely RHBH friendly from a water hazard perspective ( 6,8,10 ), as tigerfan mentioned everything else is really neutral.

From the blues this number does go up some (6, 8, 10, 11, 17(???)) so ya i can see where you are coming from.

FYI...MA2 is usually white only, MA1 is blue/white rounds, and MPO is blue.

Am side is filled. You can still register and be placed on a waiting list that will open 2 weeks before tournament if pro side does not fill.

I'm waiting to be approved to post in the Charleston club forum so figured in the meantime i might ask here.
1) can i mail a check in for registration for the Pro side and if so who do i make the check out to and where do i send it?

2) what is the specific date and time that unfilled spots on the pro side will open up to anyone who wants to play?

Thanks in advance for any info.!

Last edited:
Just got a reply from the TD on Registraion. It is DGU only. while i applaud him for the quick repsonse i must express my extreme dissatisfaction of having to go thru DGU. With the tournament filling slowly i see no reason to force people to pay $5.00 for the "convenience" of signing up online.

While i love the work Adrian is doing over at DGU and have used them for online regisrtaion for my tournament i feel the fees are a bit excessive and if the option is there i will always offer the choice to mail in registraion. Bummed for sure.

Dave,
Dave I am sorry you feel that way. The convenience fee is for them to run the credit cards through their system. This is not a slow filling tournament, AM side was filled in less than a week. We decided to give the pro's a better chance of getting in. With the am side filling so fast as it has always done, it didn't make sense to do both as a person could mail in a form on the second day, but by the 5th we hadn't got it and now all the spots are gone. There were other reasons, but I am sorry that the $5 fee is going to keep you from coming, I feel this is going to be the best Classic ever.

To answer your question about the remaining spots.
The remaining spots will start to be filled on November 16, currently 24 on the wait list, 49 spots currently for open.

I don't believe he is saying that the $5 fee is the issue, his issue is that a check isn't accepted, which I agree with.

Dave,
I am sorry that the $5 fee is going to keep you from coming, .
This has nothing to do with my correspondence here or through the e-mail exchange we had on Friday. $5.00 is not the issue. As i have said here and in the past Options are a good thing to have. Not having options is the opposite of good.

Just a quick clarification, I am not the TD, that would be Mike you communicated with on Friday. I am the club President. The decision was made by the board this year on how to handle the registration. We as a club running our first A tier felt this was the best option for us. Many tournaments are ran with online registration only. I understand that people want options, we just felt that with everything going on this was our best option. But we are open for feedback, we want this to be the event that everyone wants to play every year. We may alter how we do registration next year to allow mailed in registration but give preference to online. So if someone wants to mail in their registration they can but with the knowledge that we will not look at post marks or dates on a check.

Sorry for the confusion Tigerfan. i am not sure what "Many Tournaments" you are referring to but it is your club's and Mike's event so do what ever yo u guys want. Not sure what post marks and check dates have to do with anything but yes Options are always a good thing.

It is extremely simple to have the option of mail in reg's and i implore you to consider it next year. give the advantage to online reg's then add what ever reg's came in that day via the snail mail. don't worry about getting mail in reg's after the event has filled. with your tourney filling so far in advance i am sure some people will have things come up and will not be able to make it so the waitlist will change as the tourney nears.

either way i have said my peace and wish you dudes great weather and better scores.

Anyone have any news on the pool assignments? We are finalizing travel plans and we need to know if we should take 2 cars (as all of us aren't playing in the same division).

Pros are at Hampton on Sat and Trophy on Sunday along with 15 players of the advanced field. Player check in at Hampton from 9-3 Friday and then at Castaway's until 5:30. Players meeting at Castaway's at 7pm Friday night.

Hampton has only one set of tees.

At trophy ma2 should play two rounds of white.
Ma1 should play a round of blue then white.
Pro should be two rounds of blue.
Adv masters is usually a blue then a white also.
Not sure on the rest.

All of this is just what I've seen in the past...so your mileage may vary.

Feldberg averaged 1074.5 over 4 rounds. Absolutely blew everyone away. That's crazy. I always wish there was video coverage of rounds like these when this happens.

One of the most dominate performances of 2012 on tour.

Feldberg slayed it. Jeremy Koling posted this on Facebook last night: What does averaging 1030+ over four rounds get you this weekend? Well, if you were in Charleston, it would get you 3rd place and a 20 stroke beat down from Dave Feldberg!

Feldberg slayed it. Jeremy Koling posted this on Facebook last night: What does averaging 1030+ over four rounds get you this weekend? Well, if you were in Charleston, it would get you 3rd place and a 20 stroke beat down from Dave Feldberg!

Feldberg murdered charleston

Latest posts