• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Am. Championships (6/25-6/26)

^^^Bhuff has the right of it, Friday is not required but Saturday is at the course your pool is assigned to play. As far as registration goes, it has been extended until MONDAY 6/20 at 7PM.

CAC Sign-up deadline now Monday, 6/20 7pm

From the CDGC website this morning:

1) Registration Closes: June 20, 2011, 07:00 PM Eastern

2) Players CAN check-in Friday at Hornet's Nest. If you can't make it Friday, which by the way includes many, if not most, players CAN check-in Saturday morning at the course their division is playing.
ALL players MUST attend the Player's Meeting at the course their division is playing on Saturday morning. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHECK-IN AT HORNET'S NEST ON SATURDAY.

I must admit, when I started playing and joined the Charlotte DG Club, it was a bit of "yeah, right" to hear members talk about the vision of making Charlotte the top disc golf destination in the world.

Danged if it isn't well on the way to happening. :thmbup:

It HAS happened. Charlotte IS the best disc golf destination in the world. 2012 worlds should be the biggest and best ever.

I'm totally psyched to be pre-viewing the courses one week from today and then showing the young fellas what an old, weenie-arm can do on challenging courses.

The shorts at Nevin are like the longs at most other courses. I think the girls would be complaining about playing Nevin in general :D. If you haven't played Nevin I HIGHLY recommend at least walking it first. There are so many holes where position is key.

Yeah I was looking at the pics of Nevin and it looks NASTY! but in a good way. I am so stoked to play the lineup this year. It will be a much more challenging arrangement of courses. We plan on hitting up Nevin on Friday morning, then trying to get some time in on Eastway before hitting dubs at the Nest that evening. We are heading out Tuesday and plan on playing Chataqua in Mississippi, two courses in Birmingham and Flyboy in Atlanta. So sufficed to say its gonna be an amazing week of disc golf.

It's almost here :D. In case someone didn't get the e-mail:

Pool Designations:

Pool A MA1 (Adv Men)
Pool B MA2 (Int Men)
Pool C MM1 (Adv Mast)
MG1 (Adv Grand Master)
Pool D MA3 (Rec Men)
FW1 (Adv Women)
FW2 (Int Women)
Pool E JR

Pool Play:

Round 1 (Sat Am)
A Renny Black
B Eastway - Long w/ 13 & 14 short
C Elon Angry Beaver
D&E Elon Mule Trail - Long Tees

Round 2 (Sat PM)
A Eastway - Long w/ 13 & 14 short
B Renny Black
C&E Mule Trail - Long Tees
D Elon Angry Beaver

Round 3 (Sun Am)
A Nevin Short Tees
B Nest Original
C Sugaw
D&E Kilborne - "Clash Layout"

Round 4 (Sun Pm)
A Nest Original
B Nevin Short Tees
C Kilborne - "Clash Layout"
D&E Sugaw

Lunch Breaks will be 1 hour plus drive time - check with course
director for time allowance. Clock for lunch break will begin after
the last card is turned in for your pool.

Awards Ceremony for all divisions will be at Nest after 4th round.

Registration closed last night with 248 entered (164 from outside Charlotte), making it the largest Am event ever for the Charlotte club, and one of the largest Am events in the country this year.

There will be players from 10 states (NC, SC, GA, VA, FL, TN, OH, IL, AL, TX) and two foreign countries (Canada, Denmark).

This is gonna be a lot of fun.

I'll be coming down and repping Ohio. Considering everything I've heard about Charlotte courses, I'm very curious to see how well our local courses (particularly our newest, HAH Fairborn) have prepared me. Tight, technical Good 18 hole scores in the 60's. Guess we will find out soon!

Also the one in the players pack isn't that great. :D...

Looks like we should have good weather tomorrow.

Also the one in the players pack isn't that great. :D...

Looks like we should have good weather tomorrow.

Need feedback to improve. what isn't great, the disc or the stamp?

I will gladly take all feedback, from anybody who would be willing to take the time, about anything involved with the tournament to those who are making the decisions about this event. We want to please as many as possible. p.m. me if it is something that you would rather not air out publicly.

Thanks, Stan

I'm just not a big fan of the CAC stamp on the disc. If it wasn't in the Players Pack it doesn't really scream "Buy Me" to me. Disc itself is nice :). Would liked to have seen Charlotte showcased in it a bit, though I'm sure yall are saving those for worlds next year. :D

Need feedback to improve. what isn't great, the disc or the stamp?

I will gladly take all feedback, from anybody who would be willing to take the time, about anything involved with the tournament to those who are making the decisions about this event. We want to please as many as possible. p.m. me if it is something that you would rather not air out publicly.

Thanks, Stan

I actually like the CAC logo that is on the shirts we got. So I guess I'm not a fan of the way the CAC had lines all in it on the stamp.

Latest posts