• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Championship Series

Use a fake name! You don't want huey's non-pdga-effort-rounds used as a propogator anyway, it would skew the ratings. But his being there would be valuable to the other players. Win win.

I only have 1 birth year, I'm not creative enough.

Maybe he wants 3 more shots at the Am Worlds title?

why aren't you playing pro?

What does this have to do with anything? I've played pro for three years in club singles and my last three tournaments that offered open division. Currently I know of no good reason to declare pro.

we will no longer be forcing players up they can play where there rating dictates this league is for all players hence the championship series. I would like to see our top players come out and want to win the league championship. As for playing differently in this league than pdga events now that it is sanctioned I suggest you change your mindset for this league. This change was voted on by yhe cdgc board and rather than tear it down on a discussion board gve it a chance. not sure why its on here and not the cdgc site anyway, If you need further input from me those of you complaining know how to reach me.

What does this have to do with anything? I've played pro for three years in club singles and my last three tournaments that offered open division. Currently I know of no good reason to declare pro.

hey man i meant it more as a compliment than anything, chillax.

we will no longer be forcing players up they can play where there rating dictates this league is for all players hence the championship series. I would like to see our top players come out and want to win the league championship. As for playing differently in this league than pdga events now that it is sanctioned I suggest you change your mindset for this league. This change was voted on by yhe cdgc board and rather than tear it down on a discussion board gve it a chance. not sure why its on here and not the cdgc site anyway, If you need further input from me those of you complaining know how to reach me.

Sounds like the decision was final on the board vote. Doesn't matter what anyone else's concerns were/are or where they are voiced. I hope it works out for the club.

Previously it was common for Am's to play Pro during the weekly singles and accept cash. Will this still be possible or would it endanger their AM status?

Previously it was common for Am's to play Pro during the weekly singles and accept cash. Will this still be possible or would it endanger their AM status?

That's a really good question! One I never thought of, but definitely might apply to me.

This was a question that is very valid but I didn't pose it because I knew the conversation would turn to...well you should cash anyway, which isn't the point. It affects many of the mid-upper level Am's in Charlotte. The 950's-980's.

I always thought, being a PDGA league was for parts of the country with little access to PDGA tournaments. Let local's get PDGA ratings and points to qualify for other events like Worlds.

Random Draw Club Dubs at Winget

Random Draw Club Doubles at Winget Park today start at 5:30pm.

$10 entry & large payouts !

(+1 non CDGC, +1 optional Ace)

All ages and skill levels welcome !

Sounds like the decision was final on the board vote. Doesn't matter what anyone else's concerns were/are or where they are voiced. I hope it works out for the club.

It was more a case of approving Ox's decision (as TD) to go with sanctioning.
Its up to the TD to run the tournament in concert with the CDGC. He sought approval for his idea and, once the board determined there was no cost or other detriment to the club, he got the go-ahead to sanction.

Awesome. Thanks for trying to do something to improve attendance. I know the overall goal is to get more folks out to tourneys, grow the sport and make money for the club to continue to maintain the courses. I think it's a great idea. Thanks for volunteering every week to make this happen Ox.

Latest posts