• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte courses after the rain?

MountainMan

Bogey Member
I'm visiting Charlotte and am hoping to get in a few rounds later this week. After today's rain and with quite a bit more forecast for tomorrow, I'm hoping you all can suggest a few courses that dry out quickly. I'm looking at playing Thursday and Friday. Thanks!

Avoid Hornet's nest, Renny, and Dry creek

Best ones are Nevin, Reedy Creek and Kilborne in my opinion.

I'd imagine the Elon courses would be pretty good too but I don't play there enough to know for sure.

I agree with BraveThrower43 about the Elon courses. They're not too bad after some rain.

Also, Plantation Ruins sheds pretty well. I love playing there after a good rain, because the creeks will be moving and more punitive if you end up in one. :D There's a super-swampy area right after the basket at 14, but if you swing wide to the right on the way to #15, you can avoid the worst of it.

I have one data point: Bradford Park, in many places, is a sloppy, slippery mess after rain.

Avoid Hornet's nest, Renny, and Dry creek

Best ones are Nevin, Reedy Creek and Kilborne in my opinion.

I'd imagine the Elon courses would be pretty good too but I don't play there enough to know for sure.

I managed a quick round at Nevin this afternoon while the sun was out. A few nasty spots - I skipped the green on 14 - but mostly very playable. Thanks for the tips!

I managed a quick round at Nevin this afternoon while the sun was out. A few nasty spots - I skipped the green on 14 - but mostly very playable. Thanks for the tips!

Sweet! Yea I forgot about the addition of 14 green. It's definitely struggling.

Posting this mostly for future folks. I played Reedy Creek today, and after two pretty wet days, it was very playable. It's also a very fun course with a short/long layout to let folks play to their skill level.

Latest posts