• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adlacro's October/November Excursion

Weather looking great for the weekend! Shorts in Savannah and sweats at Seneca. Seeing that it is dark by 6 ish up in MD, I'm thinking we need to start no later than 3 for all 27, right, Monocacy?

Yes, 3:00 or earlier sounds like a good plan.

Keep an eye on the weather - forecast is 20 mph winds and 30 mph gusts, with a slight chance of light rain. Fortunately Seneca is a great place to play on windy days.

Sounds like a great time!

I did the Murfreesboro-ATL drive dozens of times. If you are considering adding extra stops on I-75 north of ATL, the three I'd suggest you choose from are:
-Edwards (near TN border) - hard, technical course. Like Etowah but longer.
-Westside (near TN border) - mix of open and woods, a little of everything with some good par-4s.
-Perkerson (downtown ATL) - older course but one with some fantastic elevation and woods plays. Slightly sketchy area around nightfall FYI.

Etowah is a fun course on a beautiful property and while I'd take Westside or Perkerson over it, I'm in the minority :)
All excellent suggestions. Also, Gatewood is a recent addition not far from Etowah and it's better quality overall, imo, but it doesn't have the iconic Hole #4.

I just saw your post for the first time, and looks like you've left today. If you have time, here's some of my favorites off I-95.

In Rocky Mount The Community @NCC right off the interstate mix open and woods, some elevation.

Just north of Rocky Mount Halifax County mostly flat mix open and woods. A few unique holes with farm equipment as obstacles.

Richmond Bryan Park mostly open with tremendous elevation. Paver tees still in good shape. Will be busy on the weekend.

Fredericksburg Loriella Park hosted US Women's Open 2019 mix open and woods, some rolling fairways. Will be busy on the weekend.

Fredericksburg Cannon Ridge mostly elevated ravine course, and mostly heavily wooded, a few open. It's private, no fee, will need to text the owner prior. Several unique holes, course is located where Cannon was placed during civil war, and trenches still seen. This is my favorite out of the bunch I rated at 4.5, and in the ravine portion can be difficult.

Just got into Wilson, NC for the night. Triplett was a lot of fun, even from the shorter pads that I played. When I get to PA, I'll put a review up. Looking forward to Seneca tomorrow, but not looking forward to 25 mph winds.

For the stretch from Chatanooga south I like the following;
The Sinks in Chatt
Edwards in Dalton(Westside is currently under construction and down to 15 holes)
Gatewood or Etowah in Cartersville
Could also check out Deerfield if you want a more chill round. Hit me up if you play one of those three, that my area.
You could do Perkerson or Dekalb in ATL proper and south of the city the Tracks and JP Mosley have a great reputation.

Westside is currently under construction and down to 15 holes
When I played Westside a month ago, only Hole #1 was out due to construction. And there was a temp area marked on the long Hole #11 as a replacement.

Hole #17 was about 125 feet shorter than the original design. And Hole #18 had a temp teepad to another basket location that might be an improvement over the original basket.

The only nuisance is a short walk around the construction to get to Hole #2.

Weather looking great for the weekend! Shorts in Savannah and sweats at Seneca. Seeing that it is dark by 6 ish up in MD, I'm thinking we need to start no later than 3 for all 27, right, Monocacy?

Next week looking great as well for the Lehigh Valley portion of the trip. A little chilly during the evenings/nights for this former northerner, but should be a blast with lots of disc golf.
Sorry I'll be missing you guys. But I have packed a couple of discs and weather-permitting will be playing a course in France on Friday

Okay, I've got lots of reviews to write, so I'll be getting these released slowly once I have caught up with my real work. Unfortunately, the one day of rain I had cost me the Nockamixon/AGA Farms trip. I also had to get back Saturday night, so I had to skip Etowah. Here's what will be coming out:

Tom Triplett
Seneca Creek
Covered Bridges
Neff's Valley (will be asking admins to pull old page)
Upper Macungie
Hanover Township DGC
Moore Township
Harmony DGC
Hackett Park
Jordan Creek
South Mountain
Ace Eight at DeSales
Lehigh Parkway
Mayflower Hills
Harmon Hills (front 18, wish I had time for both halves)

Latest posts