• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best DG in the country.

Trying to figure out how Tampa Bay/Clearwater didn't make the list...too many different cities/zips? The cities are all packed in together to make a metro area with some amazing disc golf.

If it's a densely populated metro area, the highly ranked courses might have a painful commute and groups waiting on every hole. For my personal evaluation of "best DG in the country", conditions like that are dealbreakers.

Trying to figure out how Tampa Bay/Clearwater didn't make the list...too many different cities/zips? The cities are all packed in together to make a metro area with some amazing disc golf.

It's my list and I simply hadn't considered it. The best I can find is 33570, which has 0 at 4.00+ and 4 at 3.75+ within the 25-mile search radius. Is there a better one that?

So in the above table, I guess they would be after St Louis but before Des Moines, since I'm sorting by the 3.75 column.

There are probably other places in the world with 4 or more at 3.75+, and I just haven't thought to try them.

Houston at 77365 has 7 at 3.75+ and 2 at 4.00+. That puts them way up there sorting by 3.75. They have one more course at 4.00 with 4 reviews, so one more review will presumably give them 8 at 3.75+.

Nice project.

In my opinion, it ends up giving you the wrong impression about where to go to play disc golf in California, but probably because things are so spread out here.

It's my list and I simply hadn't considered it. The best I can find is 33570, which has 0 at 4.00+ and 4 at 3.75+ within the 25-mile search radius. Is there a better one that?

So in the above table, I guess they would be after St Louis but before Des Moines, since I'm sorting by the 3.75 column.

There are probably other places in the world with 4 or more at 3.75+, and I just haven't thought to try them.

St. Pete zips are in the 337's
etc

pretty much the same results.

Finland has 400 courses now. I wonder what their quality density is in some cities.

Using the clicky map and a 25-mile radius, I get around 20 courses near Turku and 25 near Helsinki. Looks like probably a few more places with 15-20 (Tampere, etc.). Rock on Finland!

(5 around Helsinki are 3.0+, with very limited reviews.)

Last edited:
In DFW, 54 courses come up using Irving TX zip code 75039. 12 showed 4 discs or more.

The chart earlier in this thread used my Garland TX zip of 75040. That's the far east side of Dallas.

Just because DFW has a lot of courses... and some of them are pretty good ones, I can't imagine that DFW is THE disc golf mecca. I would hope there's better hotbeds of disc golf.

zip codes aren't created equal, doesn't really make sense to use those imo.

totally depends... you could live walking distance to a 4+ DGCR rated course and that would make you one of the luckiest DG'ers anyway regardless of course density.

There are some wonderful courses that are pay for play or pay to park also that can be a bit of a strain financially if you play a lot. $5-10 per park or play doesn't sound like much but it can add up, at least with ball golf you get a clubhouse and can shower before and after as an option.

what i think that chart makes clear, is that augusta maine is the best place for disc golf.

(given population, and the speed at which 25 miles can be traveled in the area)

Latest posts