• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Chroma MD3

MaxFlight

Eagle Member
Just pulled the trigger on a Chroma MD3. I've never thrown an MD3, but hoping it will be a nice slot for a stable mid.
Anyone have any reviews on the Chroma MD3?

Just pulled the trigger on a Chroma MD3. I've never thrown an MD3, but hoping it will be a nice slot for a stable mid.
Anyone have any reviews on the Chroma MD3?

I felt one up today in the store <3. Alas… my c-line MD3 does exactly what I want it to do. The Mutant, Origin and Mind Bender do what the MD3 doesn't. LOVE the plastic though. Be sure to respond once you throw it!
:popcorn:

I felt one up today in the store <3. Alas… my c-line MD3 does exactly what I want it to do. The Mutant, Origin and Mind Bender do what the MD3 doesn't. LOVE the plastic though. Be sure to respond once you throw it!

How'd the plastic feel?

I'm basically looking for something to replace my stable Buzzz. I feel like the MD3 might have a touch more stability though?

Also, how is the Mind Bender? I've never thrown an MD1. Is it less stable than a Buzzz, maybe more like a Comet?

How'd the plastic feel?

I'm basically looking for something to replace my stable Buzzz. I feel like the MD3 might have a touch more stability though?

Also, how is the Mind Bender? I've never thrown an MD1. Is it less stable than a Buzzz, maybe more like a Comet?

Felt a lot like the Metal Flake FD3s, Mind Bender and Meta Razor Claw 3. Tackier than regular C-line. The C-Line MD3 has lots of HSS and mild LSS. I have a fresh Z Buzzz that is less HSS. The MD3 would be a very stable buzzz. MInd Bender MD1 is nothing like a Comet (or a Buzzz). It Turns a little, then stays at that amount of turn. Hyzer flip to exactly straight. There's no late turn like a Comet, which will flip up, then drift over for a while. Really comfortable (compared to a Comet). If you want something Comet-like, that's the Origin. Beat up a NEO and it's a flip up and keep turning machine.

Felt a lot like the Metal Flake FD3s, Mind Bender and Meta Razor Claw 3. Tackier than regular C-line. The C-Line MD3 has lots of HSS and mild LSS. I have a fresh Z Buzzz that is less HSS. The MD3 would be a very stable buzzz. MInd Bender MD1 is nothing like a Comet (or a Buzzz). It Turns a little, then stays at that amount of turn. Hyzer flip to exactly straight. There's no late turn like a Comet, which will flip up, then drift over for a while. Really comfortable (compared to a Comet). If you want something Comet-like, that's the Origin. Beat up a NEO and it's a flip up and keep turning machine.

Appreciate the insight! Thank you kindly :)

Yeah right now I'm throwing 2 different Comets... One that turns, and one that is REALLY stable for a Comet and doesn't have any turn at all, and a gentle fade. Then I also throw a Z Wasp, which is overstable. I'm slowly beating it in, but it's going to take awhile. Hoping the MD3 will be not as overstable as my Wasp, but more dependable that both of my Comets.

Last edited:
The IS4 is the best MD3 in years. I honestly did not like the IS3 as I felt it was lacking glide and flew kind of like a brick. The IS4 fixed those issues and maintained the workable stability that makes the MD3 a workhorse mid. The chroma plastic holds up extremely well. These will end my addiction to glow MD3s. Can't wait to see what they are like once they are worked in. The mind bender MD1 is most like a Buzzz SS IMO. Straight point and shoot with a little LSS when fresh. Mine has been beaten in for about 2 months and is starting to develop some slow turn which pairs very well with the IS4.

The IS4 is the best MD3 in years. I honestly did not like the IS3 as I felt it was lacking glide and flew kind of like a brick. The IS4 fixed those issues and maintained the workable stability that makes the MD3 a workhorse mid. The chroma plastic holds up extremely well. These will end my addiction to glow MD3s. Can't wait to see what they are like once they are worked in. The mind bender MD1 is most like a Buzzz SS IMO. Straight point and shoot with a little LSS when fresh. Mine has been beaten in for about 2 months and is starting to develop some slow turn which pairs very well with the IS4.

Nice. Would you say the Chroma MD3 is similar to a pretty stable Buzzz then?

I've been very tempted by the Mind Bender as well, but I have a collection of Comets that achieve everything I need for that slot, along with a couple Jawbreaker Wasps.

Sounds about right, and I'll second that. IS3 was really way too stable for anyone with not a big arm. The IS4 felt like your normal good MD3, perfect shape and stability. Plus really really good looking plastic. Which, I know, should be the least important thing in a disc, but if it flies real nice too, it doesnt hurt that when you pull it out of the bag it always makes you go oh wow <3

As an aside, Midnight Prowl 2 (KK signature Meta Origin) was awesome too. Super straight flyer. Minimal fade. "Holds the line you put it on" is probably the most beaten to death description in the DG world, but this disc really does.

Got a couple throws in a field today. It feels great in the hand. Smaller diameter than my comet, and a bit shallower I think. Flies like a slightly beat-in Buzzz or very stable Comet. It's going to compete with my Comet for sure, but it might be better for lower lines as I find the Comet likes some air under it.

Plastic also feels fantastic. It's premium Jolly Rancher-like, but slightly gummier than most other champion-esque plastics, but still retains the stiffness.... Really nice.

Honest question from an outsider...are those all MD3s?

Honest question from an outsider...are those all MD3s?

Lol, not at all. Mutant is brick overstable, and impossible to overthrow. Thrown a little high, it will finish like a grenade. MD3 goes straight, much longer, gentle fade. Pans out on turnover. Mind Bender flips up (or over) a little and then the disc stays on that angle the rest of the flight. Origin flips up, turns over and goes right. I could lose the Mutant and power down a FD3 or something like that, but .. I have a Mutant. Plus, I'm bad at the game. :D

Lol, not at all. Mutant is brick overstable, and impossible to overthrow. Thrown a little high, it will finish like a grenade. MD3 goes straight, much longer, gentle fade. Pans out on turnover. Mind Bender flips up (or over) a little and then the disc stays on that angle the rest of the flight. Origin flips up, turns over and goes right. I could lose the Mutant and power down a FD3 or something like that, but .. I have a Mutant. Plus, I'm bad at the game. :D

I had to unbag the mutant because I kept trying to throw it at my actual target instead of 15' wide of it :wall: I have been powering down an FD3 instead or throwing my razorclaw 3. My mid line up will be IS4, mindbender, and midnight prowl 2 for next year. Finally get away from having $300 of mids sitting in my bag.

I had to unbag the mutant because I kept trying to throw it at my actual target instead of 15' wide of it :wall: I have been powering down an FD3 instead or throwing my razorclaw 3. My mid line up will be IS4, mindbender, and midnight prowl 2 for next year. Finally get away from having $300 of mids sitting in my bag.

This is my same setup. I'm still toying with the idea of including a Method as well, but I'm not convinced it's necessary. I might keep it in there just for fun. That is the point right?