• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Mind Bender Metal Flake MD1

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I picked up two 177g Mind Benders today, and had 20 minutes to throw. Slight turn and slight fade at 250'. Holds a pushing hyzer really, really well, and anhyzer too. I think they have just enough stability new, that the Mind Bender will be perfect when it beats in!

Mind Bender flight sits exactly in between the MD3 and the Origin. For me, if it replaces one, it would be the MD3. The Sky God 4 is insanely overstable compared to Mind Bender.

Thrown hard on some hyzer, it flips up and goes straight. It'll fade a little if it has enough height. It's basically an MVP Glitch's big brother.

I threw in mild wind, and it was still workable. I wouldn't use it with more wind, where the MD3 is still safe.

I threw mine yesterday and i really like it, the disc holds the line extreamly well, just when you think it will fade out it holds the line abit longer and just fades out at the very end of its flight.
I just had an MD1, MD3(new) and MD4 with me. . The MD1 and new MD3 is close but i do agree on the 0,0 for the MD1 and 0,1 for the MD3. . .
I did borrow an old Innova made MD from a guy on the course to compare. .and from just a few throws they feelt very close in flight..maybe the MD1 is a tick faster.

I'd love to pick up something to replace the one I got in the mystery box, it's determined to get lost. The yellow on it isn't as dayglowy as the innova champion yellow.

On that topic, anyone know which new color stands out the most in the sun against grass?

I'd love to pick up something to replace the one I got in the mystery box, it's determined to get lost. The yellow on it isn't as dayglowy as the innova champion yellow.

On that topic, anyone know which new color stands out the most in the sun against grass?

I like the Ferrari red DM plastic for the color, even better than pink or day-Glo.
It's hard to miss, on the grass or in the woods.

Discmania red is my favorite. It pops like day-glow. Also, if you wear sunglasses, try polarized. I think it helps diss stand out (but it might be placebo).

Very slight differences between this and the mako3 but they matter. The mind bender feels better in the hand for sure, something about the shoulder of the rim and the grip of the plastic obviously helps. The Ferrari red is so nice and bright too.

Very slight differences between this and the mako3 but they matter. The mind bender feels better in the hand for sure, something about the shoulder of the rim and the grip of the plastic obviously helps. The Ferrari red is so nice and bright too.

I threw champ mako3 for a while. It always felt klunky and flew with less HSS and less glide for sure. The Mind Bender is fun to watch fly because every elevator bounce is always up.

Curious how it compares to the mystery box MD1?

I picked up the Mind Bender today. It's a metal flake Mako3. It's as close to a clone as I've seen from two manufacturers. Only got to throw it a few times but it was great dead straight and workable. If you like the Mako3 and prefer a stiffer champion plastic you'll probably love the Mind Bender.

I threw champ mako3 for a while. It always felt klunky and flew with less HSS and less glide for sure. The Mind Bender is fun to watch fly because every elevator bounce is always up.

Curious how it compares to the mystery box MD1?

I think it was Simon that said the Mystery Box MD1 was a bit more LSS, that he wanted something that was straighter, longer.

I think it was Simon that said the Mystery Box MD1 was a bit more LSS, that he wanted something that was straighter, longer.

He also said that he wanted a bit softer/flexible C-line for his Mind Bender, being better suited for colder weather.

He got exactly hat he asked for with both requests!

The frog stamp looks really cool. Can't justify a purchase at the moment, but good for Simon, looks really nice.

This is a fun disc to throw and the plastic feels great if you like thinsofter champ. I would rate it as a -2/1. It isn't in that torque resistant -1/1 class like a buzzz but more of a finesse disc.

I put all DM mids in for a round and this was close to my midnight prowl (new) in flight. It has a little more integrity than that origin - curious to see how they both season. On a little hyzer this would stand up and S curve a little but come back at the end. Was getting close to 300 with little effort. I trusted it more than the origin for applying a little power but not a power hungry disc at all. I was carrying an md3 and exo hard method for the crank a mid straight buzzz like shots out over 300'.

Very fun disc to throw. Decided to roll with the DM mids for a bit to see how they do.

Last edited:
Wonder why they gave it the "MD1" name? . .to have "MD" left for a more US disc?

But its not really much room for a MD2 today. . .its not THAT much difference between the MD1 and MD3

I saw 4 guys throw it at and after league yesterday. A 250' torque heavy, any thrower, a 340' smooth, airbouncy thrower, a 380' low line thrower and a 450' power hyzer thrower.

The 250' guy put too much OAT and anhyzer on it and turned and burned it every time he pulled it out, usually within a 100'.

The 340' guy used it every chance he got and usually got straight throws out of it with a little turn and fade. Didn't always get as much turn as he wanted, but threw it 250' into a 10 mph headwind and got it to flip up, ride a little and fade back into the middle.

The 380' guy used it for powered down straight lines that always faded back, never turned once because he never powered up on it.

The 450' guy used it for a couple of nice right to left rhbh shots, throwing it pretty hard with a little hyzer and having it turn and hold the turn. He overturned it once but never into the ground.

Seemed like a pretty good disc to me. Mako, Hex, Claymore, Berry type. Didn't see anyone pull it out for a forehand.

I picked one up in Ferrari red yesterday (177g) and threw it in a field to compare it to a seasoned Neutron Hex (170g) and Diamond Element (179g).

The MB flies really similar to the seasoned Hex. The Hex had a little more fade on hyzer lines, otherwise they flew pretty much the same, little bit of turn and a little bit of fade. The Element has more turn, however I could see the MB breaking in to being more like the Element and becoming a disc that turns a little more before holding its line. I had no trouble throwing all of them 270-300', so I didn't see a difference in distance. There was a steady 10-15 mph wind, at times swirling, and all of the discs seemed to respond similarly to the wind.

Since my newer Hex is orange and the leaves are starting to fall, I'm going to rotate between the MB and my seasoned Hex during the next few months since it'll be easy to find.

I got to throw the Mine Bender today and man that is a cool disc. I was using it for 260-290 and it's just so straight with a little fade at the end. It's a really comfortable disc with an interesting rim design but I think I'll be keeping this in my bag for the time being

After using the MD3 and Origin, it took me a while to figure out the Mind Bender. Barely any angle seems to be the key for me. Teensy hyzers and tiny anhyzers do amazing shot shaping. I was overdoing the anhyzers more like the MD3.

With all the MD1, 3 and 4 comparisons...they kinda sound like rocs at various stages of wear =0

Latest posts