• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati, OH Invading Columbus, OH - Saturday, 6/22/13

kutz167

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
So I am working on planning a day trip of Cincinnati people to Columbus this coming Saturday, June 22, 2013. Anyone from the Cincy area that is interested post in here and we will figure out carpooling.

Any Columbus locals that would be willing to meet up and show us the courses: we would always love a good guide (or more)!

So I am working on planning a day trip of Cincinnati people to Columbus this coming Saturday, June 22, 2013. Anyone from the Cincy area that is interested post in here and we will figure out carpooling.

Any Columbus locals that would be willing to meet up and show us the courses: we would always love a good guide (or more)!

I might be willing to drive down from Erie (~3.5 hours) if my family can drop me off and visit the Science center and so on (i.e. I might need a ride from course to course, but they'd pick me up later when they're done).

I have travel tag #7 and haven't swapped with anyone yet. :(

I might be willing to drive down from Erie (~3.5 hours) if my family can drop me off and visit the Science center and so on (i.e. I might need a ride from course to course, but they'd pick me up later when they're done).

I have travel tag #7 and haven't swapped with anyone yet. :(

I think we could coordinate ferrying you around Columbus! It'll be a blast! I still need to get my travel tag.

Just ordered one!!!!!

Last edited:
I highly recommend Simsbury (in my home town of Pickerington) as one of the top courses in the area unless there is more interest in playing Brent Hambrick and or Gordon Holton. Flat Rocks DGC in nearby Lancaster is also worth hitting. I would be in for locals no matter what but will have to check with the boss (wife) before I could commit to a day of courses more than an hour or so from home.
I personally think that after driving down and hitting Idlewild and Airy in the same day there is no combination of Columbus courses that could even begin to compare, but there are some really cool holes to be played here.
Hopefully some more locals will see this thread and jump in on the fun. I'll let my buddies know we plan on throwing this weekend. It will be fun no matter what.

Thanks, Dyeing! I want to play as many courses as I can while I'm in this area before I head back to SoDak to get married :eek: Whatever you think would provide a great day of golf would be cool with me. If there was time (and all the holes were open) I would like to hit up Brent Hambrick while in the area so I could envision the course when I hear about it.

I don't know if all the holes are open or not at Brent, hopefully a local in the know can chime in on this one. To be fair, I must say that the one time that I played it 10-14 were closed AND we didn't even know about the lettered 9 holes so it is worth trying again if it's open, but playing 1-9 and 15-18 was not really worth the drive from anywhere other than sentimental value or percieved 'legitness' cuz of the history.
Alumn Creek and Gordon would probably be better options on the north end of town.

I don't know if all the holes are open or not at Brent, hopefully a local in the know can chime in on this one. To be fair, I must say that the one time that I played it 10-14 were closed AND we didn't even know about the lettered 9 holes so it is worth trying again if it's open, but playing 1-9 and 15-18 was not really worth the drive from anywhere other than sentimental value or percieved 'legitness' cuz of the history.
Alumn Creek and Gordon would probably be better options on the north end of town.

K. Thanks for the heads up. If that's the case I vote we just skip it.

Last I heard, all the holes at the Hambrick were open as of the BHMO. Holton and Alum isn't a bad combo though...

I think we could coordinate ferrying you around Columbus! It'll be a blast! I still need to get my travel tag.

Hope you paid for rush shipping! :)

I'm looking forward to this. I hope it pulls together. I'd love to spend a day playing some new disc golf courses with some new pals.

I highly recommend Simsbury (in my home town of Pickerington) as one of the top courses in the area unless there is more interest in playing Brent Hambrick and or Gordon Holton.

This might be a problem (or the opposite?): "Doubles disc golf tourney Saturday June 22nd tee off at 11 be there between 10-10:30"

Flat Rocks DGC in nearby Lancaster is also worth hitting. I would be in for locals no matter what but will have to check with the boss (wife) before I could commit to a day of courses more than an hour or so from home.

Glad to have a local with experience to help.

Whatever you think would provide a great day of golf would be cool with me. If there was time (and all the holes were open) I would like to hit up Brent Hambrick while in the area so I could envision the course when I hear about it.

Ditto. Haven't played it. Would love to.

I like "the north end of town" since that's the direction from which I'll be coming. :)

Last I heard, all the holes at the Hambrick were open as of the BHMO. Holton and Alum isn't a bad combo though...

Is the plan just to play two courses, or can three be fit in? What time is everyone likely to start? 10am? Earlier?

We can still discuss how many we want to play. A couple weeks ago when we went to Louisville, we played two courses and had time to play one, possibly two more before it got dark. Unfortunately at that time my back and elbows were all messed up, and Jay Dub decided to play the 'Old man' card. I would be game for as many as we could get fit in.

Saturday 11am dubs at alum the players course Sunday 12 noon Gordon Holton .... Hoover AKA Brent Hambrick has not really had any turn outs for the Sunday dubs....

You can play all 3 in a day they are close together.
Play Fairborn "ace hardware handyman's" course if your by Dayton

Let's get an earlier start Saturday. I like Holton, am not sure about Alum Creek, I might have played it before.

I'll do my best not to play the "old man" card. :p

You played Alum Jdub. If you remember , the Dgcr crew met there after you won that sweet Vulcan Trophy that now hangs in your living room. I may be willing to meet at flat rocks in Lancaster Saturday morning. I'm sure I can find my way to Waverly from there.

You played Alum Jdub. If you remember , the Dgcr crew met there after you won that sweet Vulcan Trophy that now hangs in your living room. I may be willing to meet at flat rocks in Lancaster Saturday morning. I'm sure I can find my way to Waverly from there.
That's where we played doubles. Now I remember, not a bad course. Not sure which to play first but we have time to figure that out.
Where would be best to coordinate to collect iacas? How early you thinking of leaving cincy, jay dub?
You can meet at my house or there's a park and ride off Fields Ertel exit on I-71, I can meet you there if you prefer.
I was thinking about 7 AM.

DANG IT!! I have plans or I would have liked to have joined.

That's where we played doubles. Now I remember, not a bad course. Not sure which to play first but we have time to figure that out.

You can meet at my house or there's a park and ride off Fields Ertel exit on I-71, I can meet you there if you prefer.
I was thinking about 7 AM.

It's not that bad to drive to your place. Getting up that early on a saturday may see a sleepy car ride to columbus for this guy lol

what's more important than disc golf, kenny??? ;) ;)

I'm going to go ahead and play the "old man" card. :p

Really? We haven't even left yet! :D

Since I'll have Smokey in tow, I'm sure that means I'll be one of the drivers. I have room for one. I've played Hoover, Blendon Woods (fun Steady Ed course), and Lodbell Reserve. Holton and Alum sound great.

Last edited:

Latest posts