• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clueless Noob Mixed Bag - Fill in the Blanks?

T-Bird

Bogey Member
Tomorrow will be 3 months since I started. I am shooting around even par (depending on the course). My drives have gone from 225 at first to a little over 300 now but not consistent yet.
I don't carry a bunch of discs.
The bold ones I throw most often.

Drivers:
172 Star Valkyrie
170 ESP Flash
175 Star Sidewinder (I can't flip it yet but it goes mucho straight)
174 ESP Surge (nice predictable hyzer)
174 Daredevil Wolverine (was my main driver for first 2 months)

I have one sorta Flippy Disc:
153 Daredevil Swift Fox

Mids:
167 ESP Buzz
162 Daredevil Caribou

Putters:
Daredevil Polar Bear
Daredevil Beaver

In the Trunk:
170 Daredevil Timberwolf (ousted by the Sidewinder)
Champion Starfire (ousted by the Surge)
167 Champion Groove (too much disc for me - waiting to grow into it)
168 Wizard SS Putter
175 Q-Mega Putter

On my Radar:
Thinking of a DX or Star Teebird for my next disc. Not sure why ;)

Any suggestions are welcome.

Do you throw 70-80% of your main drives with 1 particular disc? If so, what do you throw, how far do you throw it, and what type of line does it fly on?

Furthur said:
Do you throw 70-80% of your main drives with 1 particular disc? If so, what do you throw, how far do you throw it, and what type of line does it fly on?

Yes, the Valk (was the Wolverine but I got 25ft more distance the first time I threw the Valk). The Flash has given me similar results but I am more consistent with the valk. So far. I can throw it about 300-325. Flies straight for 250-275 then fades left a bit. If I anny it it will do an S flight.

I just bought the Valk, Flash, and Surge a week ago.

Sticking with slower plastic (like the Wolverine) would probably teach you how to snap a disc to get it to go far.

A Teebird would probably fit into that overstable slot for you right now.

If you're serious about just learning to throw, then just throw a slow driver or a midrange until you figure out the snap thing.

If you want to have fun too (I suggest this), then perhaps going with a driver lineup of Valk/Wolverine/Teebird would probably be good.

try this bag: Valk, T-Wolf or TeeBird, Buzzz, Polar Bear. It should help you learn your form better. I would also suggest driving with your mid or putter.

Do you have All of the Daredevil discs?

keltik said:
try this bag: Valk, T-Wolf or TeeBird, Buzzz, Polar Bear. It should help you learn your form better. I would also suggest driving with your mid or putter.

Do you have All of the Daredevil discs?

No, I do not have the Moose, Grizzly, or Woodchuck.

My bag has Changed:

Drivers:
172 Star Valkyrie Broke in - flies straight
170 ESP Flash - Longest disc
175 DX Wraith - Speedy & Stable (still new)
174 Daredevil Wolverine - straight with a fade at the end
170 Daredevil Timberwolf - straight

Flippy Disc:
153 Daredevil Swift Fox - Beat

Mids:
171 DX Teebird
167 ESP Buzz

Putter:
Daredevil Polar Bear

In the Trunk:

Champion Starfire
174 ESP Surge
167 Champion Groove
168 Warlock SS Putter
175 Q-Mega Putter
175 R-Pro Aviar

Any suggestions are welcome.

I know you've only been playing for a few months, but could you give me an idea for how the polar bear putters are? They have always intrigued me. I bet they are pretty similar to KC Aviars.

Latest posts