• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Consistency

dbaledge

Par Member
I have a course I play every day it pretty difficult, the winning mini scores in am will be between -1 and +1 usually I'm between +1 and +3. Today I played and I was +1 and even until 17, however yesterday I was +7. Ill do that from time to time and have a horrible round and its annoying. My question is, when did you start to really becoming consistent in your play where you basically count on shooting your normal round without a whole lot of extra effort? What are some tips on becoming more consistent? I come from an athletic back ground so I understand practice I just want to become really efficient in my preparation. Thanks

When you get to a point where you aren't thinking about your shots much at all. You step up to a tee and you know exactly what you want to throw to hit a given distance & line in the wind conditions you're playing in. When your muscle memory takes over and you just execute.

I'm still struggling with consistency some, but what I've found that works is like Mike said. Let your body take over. Don't overthink it.

Also, don't be too aggressive stay within your skill range. Play smart golf, don't throw shots you aren't comfortable with and take Pars and Bogeys when you have to. Yeah you could throw it in from 100', but not often at all. Just lay up. I think after a point, disc golf becomes almost a completely mental game. Stay out of your own head.

Last year consistency was my focus, and I would say I was fairly successful. However, I did notice that while I shot fewer terrible rounds, I also shot less hot rounds. I would attribute this to 2 factors:

1. Safe play mindset- I tried to eliminate my bad rounds by playing safer in general.

2. Driving over putting- Most of my consistency practice went toward hitting gaps and practicing with field work. I did not spend as much time on putting last year. Even though I had more to show for my consistency off the tee, I did not improve much in my putting game.

Moral of the story: This year is already the year of putting for me!

Last year consistency was my focus, and I would say I was fairly successful. However, I did notice that while I shot fewer terrible rounds, I also shot less hot rounds. I would attribute this to 2 factors:

1. Safe play mindset- I tried to eliminate my bad rounds by playing safer in general.

2. Driving over putting- Most of my consistency practice went toward hitting gaps and practicing with field work. I did not spend as much time on putting last year. Even though I had more to show for my consistency off the tee, I did not improve much in my putting game.

Moral of the story: This year is already the year of putting for me!

perhaps I should focus on this, I have been putting everyday on my lunch break and have certainly noticed a difference. The course I am talking about is very tight and narrow with lots of trees and short holes and my score gets screwed up on just a few holes where I hit a tree 100' from the pin and have a long up shot or an even harder shot for par.

Latest posts