• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Oh also not related to new discs, has anyone found a way to set up a Buzzz cycle similar to that of a Roc cylce? I haven't tried them in too many plastics yet, but I was wondering if there were many that started out pretty stable/overstable

Oh also not related to new discs, has anyone found a way to set up a Buzzz cycle similar to that of a Roc cylce? I haven't tried them in too many plastics yet, but I was wondering if there were many that started out pretty stable/overstable
ESP and TI max weight seem fairly OS.

It's going to be a much smaller cycle. You'll still need an OS mid at the top of it.

i sometimes roll z wasp z buzz d buzz

however these days i roll fresh z wasp beat z wasp and seasoned d buzz which is basically an os s us line up

some believe the glo z are the most os of buzzes

I haven't thrown a Force in a long time but I thought they were significantly more overstable than the Zeus

True, but they beat in nicely. As an understable option to the Force, he could have thrown the Nuke or Crank. Creating the Zeus seems like just another speed 12/13 workhorse

True, but they beat in nicely. As an understable option to the Force, he could have thrown the Nuke or Crank. Creating the Zeus seems like just another speed 12/13 workhorse

I don't think Paul likes those super wide rim drivers...only seen him throw a 13 speed once

Force, Zeus (and Hades?) are all in that 22-23mm rim..Nuke and Crank is very wide rim

I don't think Paul likes those super wide rim drivers...only seen him throw a 13 speed once

Force, Zeus (and Hades?) are all in that 23mm rim..Nuke and Crank is very wide rim

I agree with you. He doesn't seem to like those speed 13 rims.I prefer the Force to the Crank or other wider rim options as well.

But everybody and their brother bought a truckload of Zeus's....

Was it a needed disc? No. Is any new release? Not really, no. Why do they do it then? Simple. $$$$$$$$$$$$

The funny part was I sort of thought the Zeus was his understable driver. He seems to use the Force a lot for his overstable driver and seems like he seldom broke out the Zeus last season.

New disc sells. so Companys make more new discs . .

Of course. Just axe the other molds then IMO. Who needs a speed 12 vs a speed 13 of practically the same disc? Zeus SS, Crank SS, Nuke SS. Two of them need to go IMO haha

Just my stupid opinion. I like simplicity in molds, (which is why I love Legacy and hated the catalog of discs from Innova) But hate high speed discs ( Why I never threw the Rampage or Cannon)

Just my stupid opinion. I like simplicity in molds, (which is why I love Legacy and hated the catalog of discs from Innova) But hate high speed discs ( Why I never threw the Rampage or Cannon)

I know what you're saying by preferring a smaller catalogue to choose from but most Legacy molds are direct attempts to copy Innova.

Of course. Just axe the other molds then IMO. Who needs a speed 12 vs a speed 13 of practically the same disc? Zeus SS, Crank SS, Nuke SS. Two of them need to go IMO haha

Maybe discraft's thoughts are that people have a go to driver like a Zeus, Nuke or Crank. And discraft wants to give people a understable counterpart off the shelf.

Maybe discraft's thoughts are that people have a go to driver like a Zeus, Nuke or Crank. And discraft wants to give people a understable counterpart off the shelf.

The Understable disc with a similar name helps keep things simple as if you want a US Crank they have that, An OS Crank might be a Nuke and they have an OS Nuke for those who want a disc that most normal people should not be throwing. Some discs that it is hard to modify to have an OS or US version do not have a OS or US counterpart as well as some molds not quite popular enough to have a OS or US counterpart.

There are not too many discs but enough molds to satisfy majority of people and not tottaly confuse them like Innova can, only flaw is no true OS fairway disc in a premium plastic from Discraft and a speed 7 in this slot would sell, unfortunately the premium XL discs were not a big hit as the disc was not what people were looking for, the rim was of the 1990's style with a blunt edge to the XL. Stalker is OS but not as much as most people are looking for and the bead throws some off on forehand, however with Page Pierce using the Stalker the mold should stay in Discraft's line up.

The funny part was I sort of thought the Zeus was his understable driver. He seems to use the Force a lot for his overstable driver and seems like he seldom broke out the Zeus last season.

I think he will be throwing it more in 2020, he used it ALOT in WTO, much more than i ever seen him use it in any 2019 tournament

I think he will be throwing it more in 2020, he used it ALOT in WTO, much more than i ever seen him use it in any 2019 tournament

I think it has a lot to do with him having enough time to really practice with it this year. Last year I think it was tweaked between the protos and first production run, so he's probably a lot more comfortable with it now.

It's going to be a much smaller cycle. You'll still need an OS mid at the top of it.

Okay that is what I was wondering, I still plan on having the Drone in as the bookend, and one of my ESP Buzzzs is getting pretty worn in now after a year-ish. I was using a verdict as that in between. Does anyone have experience with borderline verdict stability on a Buzzz, mainly go for Glo?

Okay that is what I was wondering, I still plan on having the Drone in as the bookend, and one of my ESP Buzzzs is getting pretty worn in now after a year-ish. I was using a verdict as that in between. Does anyone have experience with borderline verdict stability on a Buzzz, mainly go for Glo?

I'm not sure if that Glo is going to do it. I use a Buzzz OS (in your Drone spot) and a seasoned Buzzz OS in between that and a fresh low shouldered Z or ESP Buzzz (just threw my new 5x ESP and its plenty stable). How bout a beat Tour Series Drone? 2 disc Drone/ 2 disc Buzzz cycle.

Latest posts