• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I play a lot of wooded courses and a 175 Z & LE Z Glo FLX Meteor is definitely my most used disc. It is very workable and not as under stable as the numbers. They can take full power without a problem.

I play a lot of wooded courses and a 175 Z & LE Z Glo FLX Meteor is definitely my most used disc. It is very workable and not as under stable as the numbers. They can take full power without a problem.

Mine is the Impact for wooded courses, the 170-174 gram wight group works best, nice disc just OOP due to low sales numbers. Next used is a Z Stalker for stright only wood shots but it can't power down without going OS unlike the Impact. Next used in straight only woods is a Innova model and then I use the slower version of almost same disc in woods when I need to power down.

That's what I'm noticing with my Z. It's crazy that I throw it like a Buzzz but at the end it just keeps going.

I was an avid Buzzz thrower from the time they came out but it's gotten to the point that I rarely ever reach for it. The Meteor is that good… for me. Now that the Meteor has been my go to for three years or so, the Buzzz seems deep and clunky to me.

That last round of the Wintertime open had more Discraft disc thrown than any video in the last years combined ;)
Lots of screentime for the FORCE and ZONE

Quite possibly the first time a tracker has been thrown multiple times on lead card coverage too? Strange times we live in. That raptor seemed to fly well for everyone too.

Quite possibly the first time a tracker has been thrown multiple times on lead card coverage too? Strange times we live in. That raptor seemed to fly well for everyone too.

I wonder how long it will take for Discraft to recoup all the $ they've spent on their 2019 team. I'm certain in the long the run the investment is worth it. A lot of am's choose discs based on top player endorsements.

I wonder how long it will take for Discraft to recoup all the $ they've spent on their 2019 team. I'm certain in the long the run the investment is worth it. A lot of am's choose discs based on top player endorsements.

I'm quite sure the courses will soon be filled by McWannabes throwing Forces, Zones, Buzzzes, Trackers etc...

I'm quite sure the courses will soon be filled by McWannabes throwing Forces, Zones, Buzzzes, Trackers etc...

Buzzz's & Zones should be standard issue to all new players. I've never thrown a Tracker but it sounds like a mold most players could find useful.

I don't know if this was already established, but that's definitely a roach Paul is using for his straight up shots.

Any one else notice how in tune with discraft eagle was? Seemed pretty interesting to me....

He mentioned that he used to throw all Discraft. Also, just in general, seemed like a big focus on disc selection from the commentary. With Discraft sponsoring and the content creators knowing what interests viewers, it makes sense

Yeah, honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Eagle was guesting on commentary and he knew exactly what kind of content people were looking for. He also happened to be in the unique position to offer some more insight on the topic being on good terms with Paul and being on his card. He simply was leaning into that for his commentary, and we all obviously enjoyed it. Doesn't mean he's lusting after Discraft plastic. I'm sure he would have had every opportunity to jump teams had he wanted to, but he signed an extension instead. He's obviously happy where he is at.

Yeah, honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Eagle was guesting on commentary and he knew exactly what kind of content people were looking for. He also happened to be in the unique position to offer some more insight on the topic being on good terms with Paul and being on his card. He simply was leaning into that for his commentary, and we all obviously enjoyed it. Doesn't mean he's lusting after Discraft plastic. I'm sure he would have had every opportunity to jump teams had he wanted to, but he signed an extension instead. He's obviously happy where he is at.

Maybe he is even happier knowing that some possibility of the Swedish Trilogy variations of Discraft discs might be made in the future for Discmania, like a version of the Zone in a Harp like disc, a Truth variant, Truth is like a Buzz type, disc a Judge like disc knowing that the Judge is a variant on the Challenger mold. Basically knowing that Eric Mc.Cabe was Discraft Sponsored and he would want to make discs that are like modifications on Discraft discs just to avoid copying discs from one of the biggest Manufactures of discs.

Just a few months ago if you suggested a zone, you'd hear crickets or "nah I wanna try a harp."
Really surprising to me how much more active the discraft threads have been since mcbeth change.
I mean, it's not like Discraft made bad discs previously.

Just a few months ago if you suggested a zone, you'd hear crickets or "nah I wanna try a harp."
Really surprising to me how much more active the discraft threads have been since mcbeth change.

Discraft other then discontinuing discs permanently and not making some molds in plastics that everybody else wants has been making discs consistent year after year baring that a plastic type is still available or plastic type is still the same, the discs will fly the same year after year day after day.

I have to say other then one high speed mold OOP Machete and Impact, the discs mold are consistent year after year day after day. Those two molds did not mold up that well from run to run according to a cousin for Machete and me for the Impact, the 170-174 grams both weight sets the disc flew how Discraft wanted it from the get go others outside that range past 176 grams and below 169 grams did not fly how Discraft intended the mold to fly.

Last edited:

Prior to Dynamic Discs making its own discs, players would love Discraft for its discs especially for Eric McCabe who I found to be a half as abrasive Johnny McCray when Eric did his interviews for Discraft. Both of who used to be sponsored by Discraft. When Eric moved to making his own discs it seemed everybody who was a Eric fan moved with him to Dynamic Discs. Also somehow Eric seemed happier making his own molds of discs.

Latest posts