• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

a shop owner i am friends with reported selling 21 undertakers in the 2 days after Paul's building his bag video. I wounder what tracker sale are going to look like since it is oop, but most place still have a stack.

a shop owner i am friends with reported selling 21 undertakers in the 2 days after Paul's building his bag video. I wounder what tracker sale are going to look like since it is oop, but most place still have a stack.

I Paul is digging it enough I'm sure DC will bring it back.

Will Paul keep throwing the tracker

I'm wondering if Paul will end up switching from the tracker soon... Im surprised he isn t throwing raptor!! I personally loved the tracker (at one time) but definitely surprised to see the Beast throwing it. Definitely will be interesting to watch his bag evolve.... I think the tracker will be replaced... But by what is the question!

I don't think it would be prudent to bring the tracker back. It's so similar to the undertaker (especially the FR 'takers) and that speed of drivers would be getting a little congested in the lineup with the Vulture, Raptor, and Undertaker already.

I don't think it would be prudent to bring the tracker back. It's so similar to the undertaker (especially the FR 'takers) and that speed of drivers would be getting a little congested in the lineup with the Vulture, Raptor, and Undertaker already.

What a time to be alive. I recall the days when Discraft barely had anything worthwhile in the fairway driver category.

InB4 they had the Stalker, XL, Cyclone!

What a time to be alive. I recall the days when Discraft barely had anything worthwhile in the fairway driver category.

InB4 they had the Stalker, XL, Cyclone!

ha... at different points in time, each of those was my go-to fairway driver :) XL probably lasted the longest. Stalker is still great and I'm shocked that it isn't more popular.

For anyone who's held both in their hands/thrown them, what's the difference between a Ringer GT and a breaker? Backing down a bit from a zone for my overstable approach putter, since I wasn't throwing the zone basically at all (banger gt or challenger got more FH approaches even)

For anyone who's held both in their hands/thrown them, what's the difference between a Ringer GT and a breaker? Backing down a bit from a zone for my overstable approach putter, since I wasn't throwing the zone basically at all (banger gt or challenger got more FH approaches even)

Im a fan of both the Ringer GT and the DGA Breaker! Im not sure which tools are shared between the two but the Breakers thumb track is not as definitive as the Ringer GT and also seems to be closer to the rim. Also, the Ringer GT is a bit more stable while the Breaker seems to have a little more glide. But IMHO the differences are marginal especially when you start messing with other plastic blends. Really id settle on which one has the more comfortable thumb placement.

The Ringer GT is longer and a hair more OS than the Breaker . . . The underside of both discs feels similar, but the top of the Breaker is more like the Zone top.

I had a "battle of the slightly OS putters" this winter, tested:
Judge, Warden, Marshal, Aviar 3, Whale, Envy, Jokeri, Rhyno, Wizard. Warlock, Sarek, Suspect, Berg, Caltorp, Breaker . . .in diffrent plastics.
The Breaker is in my bag. .

The Ringer GT in Z-FLX Is surprisingly stable, i imagine jawbreaker / x-soft would be more workable. I compared it beside a champ rhyno, and the ringer was faster and longer, as Jolt mentioned above.

I wouldn't bag my Zone + a Ringer GT at the same time however. I think its just a tad too much overlap for my liking.

On another note i finally got my Z Tracker in the mail! Stoked to finally go test it out alongside my undertakers and vultures. Its basically a domier, slightly beefier rimmed Undertaker from what i can see. Still super comfortable in the hand. I'm hoping it kicks the Vultures out of the bag, because they are larger and a bit more clunkier feeling.

The Ringer GT in Z-FLX Is surprisingly stable, i imagine jawbreaker / x-soft would be more workable. I compared it beside a champ rhyno, and the ringer was faster and longer, as Jolt mentioned above.

I wouldn't bag my Zone + a Ringer GT at the same time however. I think its just a tad too much overlap for my liking.

On another note i finally got my Z Tracker in the mail! Stoked to finally go test it out alongside my undertakers and vultures. Its basically a domier, slightly beefier rimmed Undertaker from what i can see. Still super comfortable in the hand. I'm hoping it kicks the Vultures out of the bag, because they are larger and a bit more clunkier feeling.

The Breaker + Zone is a good combo, but as you says the Zone and Ringer GT is to similar to bag both.

Very interested to hear how you like the Tracker. . i have the Undertaker, Vulture combo today

For anyone who's held both in their hands/thrown them, what's the difference between a Ringer GT and a breaker?

From what I understand, the Breaker is the same mold as the Ringer with a spacer added at the parting line giving it a slightly higher profile/more glide. I believe the Ringer GT is the same as a Ringer with mass added to the top of the rim to create the thumb track/more over stability.

So it was mentioned during the WTO (can't remember where exactly) that Paul was talking about sliding the Kong in the bag for LVC.

But Eagle mentioned in his interview with Cory that he can't bag the Instinct until at least 500 are in public circulation.

So I guess the real question is: is Paul actually throwing the Kong at LVC? Is that legal? Did Discraft bring 500 of the PM Test runs to LVC just to slide in under the rules?

Last edited:
If it's like the Raptor they probably molded up 500 and shipped them to various Discraft testers, underground and sponsored players to allow players to throw it prior to mass production.

Paul also posted about putting the Kong in the bag on instagram.

From what I understand, the Breaker is the same mold as the Ringer with a spacer added at the parting line giving it a slightly higher profile/more glide. I believe the Ringer GT is the same as a Ringer with mass added to the top of the rim to create the thumb track/more over stability.

I'd assume that makes it a little slower too? Might have to get my hands on one. The only real complaint I have with the Ringer GT is that it's a little faster than I'd like it to be.

If it's like the Raptor they probably molded up 500 and shipped them to various Discraft testers, underground and sponsored players to allow players to throw it prior to mass production.

Paul also posted about putting the Kong in the bag on instagram.

The specific language in the disc approval document says that "500 must be available commercially". I'm not sure producing sending 500 to testers/sponsored players counts. These have to be something people can buy.

The specific language in the disc approval document says that "500 must be available commercially". I'm not sure producing sending 500 to testers/sponsored players counts. These have to be something people can buy.

By the letter of the law, yes, giving them to sponsored players would work. That is still a commercial transaction. It says nothing about retail.

Wanted to stop by & say how much I'm liking my Raptor (Glo Z). Having a hard time trying decide where it fits in my bag. Afraid if I embrace it more something may have to go. I know I am better off minimizing as much as I can but there are so many good molds out there.

Wanted to stop by & say how much I'm liking my Raptor (Glo Z). Having a hard time trying decide where it fits in my bag. Afraid if I embrace it more something may have to go. I know I am better off minimizing as much as I can but there are so many good molds out there.

I'll throw it for ya. Problem solved.

Latest posts