• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crockett Ice Bowl, Feb 25, Brentwood, TN

cards starting on holes 7/8/9 in the first round turned cards in around 12:50-1pm .... where is this 60+mins??

Look pal I never mentioned your buddys card...didnt hear any complaints from the other cards you memtioned...4 hours for 18 holes seems a bit suspect.....walk quicker?

Our group was one of the first to turn in a card. And i was told then that second round would start no later then 1:35-1:40. Probably didnt allow later cards a full hour for lunch, but getting things moving so the tournament could finish before dark was more important. Next time maybe ask before assuming you have an hour. Its your own damn fault for being late first card in and i knew 1:35 because i asked. Just like everyone else. Over and done with now, one hell of a fun tournament, everyone was real nice and saw some great shots. Just stop whining and go back to ky already..

So my payout code isnt working what i do wrong?

I think it's because you were bagging too much. haha....when are you going to get a pdga number? Great round though...I think RD said tuesday is when it will work.

If you're looking to get a wind disc...I think the firebird and the nuke os helps a whole lot. The nuke os saved me a lot yesterday.

Last edited:
Our group was one of the first to turn in a card. And i was told then that second round would start no later then 1:35-1:40. Probably didnt allow later cards a full hour for lunch, but getting things moving so the tournament could finish before dark was more important. Next time maybe ask before assuming you have an hour. Its your own damn fault for being late first card in and i knew 1:35 because i asked. Just like everyone else. Over and done with now, one hell of a fun tournament, everyone was real nice and saw some great shots. Just stop whining and go back to ky already..

Yeah...I don't understand how it takes THAT long to finish a round...wasn't it about 3 1/2 hours for the last card in the first round? That's stupid...bring your lunch with you while you're playing or eat afterwards. The tourney doesn't cater to just 4 or 5 people

The pro Rounds took 3:15 each round. We also were behind everyone and playing from the longer tees. I still had plenty of time to drive to Fat Moes, go to Kroger and get back in time to warm up. So I don't see how someone didn't have enough time.

Just stop whining and go back to ky already..

Guess I'm not gonna travel for any of your tournaments any more with that kind of attitude. I wasn't going to comment on this thread anymore until I read that. I wasn't one of the players that missed holes but not like you care though since "Our group was one of the first to turn in a card." If you missed the start of the second round, your tune would be different. If tee off was at a specified time not an hour after last card turned in; why not post a sign somewhere above the TD station/table? Looking to see a sign is easier than trying to get through 20 people to ask one question. This is the first tournament out of every one that I've ever played that didn't have a one hour lunch so why would it be questioned in the first place.

4 hours for 18 holes seems a bit suspect

Not with five-packs of mainly Int and Rec players in 20 mph winds. Five-packs suck, they create an awkward rhythm in the group, and slow every group down by at least 20% because of that one extra person. Also, course congestion is another culprit. Where holes 16 and 18 intersect we had 5 groups come together and the group I was in stood there for 10+ minutes waiting to tee off on hole 16 and 15+ minutes on 18.

I understand that this is an Ice Bowl to raise money for charity and more people equal more money for a worthy cause, but why overly lengthen the day with five packs when its not necessary?

I agree with what you are saying Weeman. Most times then none it is a hour for lunch. I did ask and all I would say that may have been the best thing to do just to make sure the time. Other then the lunch thing the tourney ran very smooth. I do agree that they should not have had so many players, 5 per card was a bit much. I was lucky to only have 4 in mine but like I said before I still had 3:15 rounds. We caught up with the lead Adv group a bunch of times both rounds.

If you didnt go up there and ask about lunch time then it really is your own damn fault.
It was dudes first time as a td and everyone had a great time from what i saw. The only whining is coming from you guys in ky. Was it a ky only card or something? Dont come down next tournament i dont give a damn itll be less whining we all have to listen too

If you didnt go up there and ask about lunch time then it really is your own damn fault.
It was dudes first time as a td and everyone had a great time from what i saw. The only whining is coming from you guys in ky. Was it a ky only card or something? Dont come down next tournament i dont give a damn itll be less whining we all have to listen too

You already said that first statement. And bravo for trying to grow the sport and encourage camaraderie among golfers :clap: :clap:

Other then the lunch thing the tourney ran very smooth.

I agree with that. I like Ryan and have gotten to play a round or two with him before. Kudos to him and company for how smoothly everything was run (except the obvious) and I was happy to see him take the reins on this event and out mingling with the backed-up groups during the rounds.

RD is on the move. He has results up.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/79726

Ratings are not yet showing up for the Red tee divisions. It takes 5 propagators to generate ratings. You have to have 8 rounds and a rating above 799 to be a propagator. This will fix itself as these players play more events. Just not enough data right now. Treat the last paragraph like a wiki. If you know more, jump in.
Here is a PDGA faq -- click ratings.
http://www.pdga.com/faq

Ron

Weeman, your buddy was on my card for the first round....he had at least an hour.
Your lie has officially been outed, dont come here knocking the tourney, the td or the process.
Hans is a good dude,you however, need some work.

Man I played like sh*t! I screwed up the first round on the last 3 holes and then the whole 2nd round was just bad.

Man I played like sh*t! I screwed up the first round on the last 3 holes and then the whole 2nd round was just bad.

Yep, I did that once. As I was walking up to get my 2nd place winnings, I mumbled, "huh -- well, yeah, but I still played like crap." The fella I tied with simply said, "gee thanks."

You tied with the man in the hat. Gee thanks.

Ron

I think it's because you were bagging too much. haha....

I domt know about bagging i shot a 20+ at symrna monthly.
im def. A rec player. I just learned from round one, started throwing rocs
off the box to land half way n tried hard to hit my 3s.
And i do have a pdga number. Its 47363. Im rated 884.
some reason the box to put it in wasnt working from my phone.
I use to play alot but took a few months off to spend with my son.
I just had an unusually good round.
as far as wind discs go i dont have the arm for a firebord or nuke os. Though
i bet there money in the wind.

I domt know about bagging i shot a 20+ at symrna monthly.
im def. A rec player. I just learned from round one, started throwing rocs
off the box to land half way n tried hard to hit my 3s.
And i do have a pdga number. Its 47363. Im rated 884.
some reason the box to put it in wasnt working from my phone.
I use to play alot but took a few months off to spend with my son.
I just had an unusually good round.
as far as wind discs go i dont have the arm for a firebord or nuke os. Though
i bet there money in the wind.

Dude...I'm just messing with you. I know it gets annoying when people call you bagger but I guess it's the nature of the game. Haters always hate....I know I was hating yesterday...with a GREAT round like that. I just wish I could shoot like that. I do good in the wind but shouting straight in the Woods is a little tougher for me. I like my os is my favorite thing in my bag. I know what it does no matter what...very consistent. I'm just there for fun. Love the competition and want everyone to do good. If you ever want to play let me know. I can't get enough.

Playing in over 200 tournaments I've never seen one that had a 20min lunch after the last card. I turned mine in at 10 till 1. The sheet, as I later saw, said 115. I wasn't whining, I was pissed because TD's usually allow at least one hour for lunch after the last card. Get out of TN sometime and play in a real tournament ran by people that know what there doing. Don't call me a whiner because I was pissed off that the standard wasn't being followed. If time was such a factor, then why was there 5 per card with 10-15 min waits on almost every hole? Yeah real fun time. Oh yeah, next time you want to call me out do it to my face rather then hiding behind a computer screen.

Don't worry I won't be back. You have one group that starts 1hr and 15mins late, another that starts 45mins late to wait on a pro, and then you have this fiasco that gives 25min lunches and sticks 5 per card. Like I said, go play a real tournament where the TD has some experience and not trying to pop his cherry on one by himself. I'm guessing that you've never played outside a 30 mile radius so this was a great tournament for you.

Lol i wasnt offended Darrell. Just trying to explain ill probably jump up to intermediate now and hope fer more unusual great rounds. Im currently playing horton daily but when the sun stays out longer ill be playing all over barfield symrna etc.. and be happy to chuck discs with you and whoever else. I cant seem to get enough either. I know you beat my boy in a barfield monthly and he was calling you the bagger ;)
.....devil i replied to your pm. Once again my apologies i know what happened was frustrating and had no reason to bring my dog to the fight. Just thought you should give the guys a break. There hella nice guys and it was a simple mistake. My apologies once again..

Geeeezzz peeps calm down. We couldnt get a full hour lunch after the last card due to time contraints on daylight is how I took it. They even turned 20+ people away there was so much interest in this tourney. Glad I had a chance to play it. Big ups to Ron and all the help he had. I had a great time.