• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Deflector

Had a chance to test my Deflector yesterday and I was amazed how nice it was. I was right between the Harp and Justice which was exactly what wanted. Really reliable and in my mind alot more useful than Justice which was just too beefy for my taste. I think it will not kick the Harp out of my bag just yet but it is really really good. Nice job MVP!

I found out playing yesterday the the Deflector is great for anny putts, too. Holds a nice turn around a tree and then fade/drops into the basket.

I found out playing yesterday the the Deflector is great for anny putts, too. Holds a nice turn around a tree and then fade/drops into the basket.

For longer anny approaches it is just too stable (unlike the harp).

tried my 173g Red Neutron out for the first time today, exactly as expected/advertised, great for shorter forehands can handle insane OAT and on clean throws it starts fade quick and locks into that fade line. Like a baby firebird to me... not sure what else to compare it to though because i dont throw many beefy molds.

cant wait till this disc is beat to death, will be a great mold for a long time.

Played my first round with the Deflector this weekend, and was really pleased with it. It's definitely staying in my bag for the time being. One thing that surprised me though is how much skip it got. It's like a hybrid between a midrange and a fairway, perhaps closer to the fairway though. If I threw it flat it would skip WAY left.

For longer anny approaches it is just too stable (unlike the harp).

Disagree. I carry 1-3 Drones depending and due to their lack of bead they stay anhyzer a lot longer than other molds of even remotely similar stability (and speed). I'm going to go test them against the two Deflectors I purchased today, I can video both molds doing so if you want some proof.

IIRC Aim has a video of him throwing a Motion (or similar mold) anhzer 90% of it's flight on here somewhere. Amazing what a little intentional OAT can produce.

Well. I'll eat my own words.

Yes, they anhyzer...no, they don't hold it the way I thought they would. Wow overstable and very little glide.

More testing required but I take back my anhyzer comment above:doh:

This is the first time ever i comment on disc like this. I just need to tell the world how much i like this disc. Bought a 176g verision and took in for a round in the new course in tamperee.

You kniw when you finf a disc that bahaves exactly as you think it will? This is such a disk for me. Dependably overstable that I could shape libes whit it and if i kranked on it i could get it about 300 feet with abit of bend before just divibg left.

Also, for me it is a really nice partner to my matrix.

Finally grabbed one

NPNdKe1.jpg

Wonder how far I can throw it

I enjoyed my first round with the Deflector.

First impression was it reminds a lot of the Gators I used to threw when I first started out.

The Axis, Vector and Tensor all have a nice amount of glide, then end in a forward penetrating fade. Though they have different levels of fade, they're fairly similar in a lot of ways.

Deflector feels unique compared to them. A lot more hoggish, and the way it fades has the disc finishing more sideways at times than forward.

Vectors and Tensors I can make hold an anny to the ground FH or BH pretty easily. My Deflector seems a lot more inclined to flex out of an anny release every time. Still dialing it in on flex shots. I did have nice one off the tee yesterday.....280' hole that's dead straight....flicked it with a generous amount of anny, and it flexed back at the perfect time. Nearly skipped in, but went just wide right.

I feel pretty confident saying it'll make the bag. It's a lot more overestable than anything MVP has released slower than a Resistor. I'll probably drop my fresh Vector in favor of a Deflector, then carry my seasoned Vector, an Axis, plus a beat Axis for turnovers.

I'll start filming with it this weekend.

Great vid as always :thmbup: loved the flex shot at 1:04 :clap: makes me want the disc too... do I really miss a super-overstable mid though... :rolleyes:

So I've been bagging a Deflector for a few months now and I love this disc. My disc came board flat from the factory and I assumed they were all like that. Yesterday, at a local tournament, I joined a local club and part of the membership included a custom stamped disc from MVP. Sure enough, they had Deflectors so I wanted to grab one in a max weight. While flipping through all the discs trying to find the perfect one, I noticed that there were quite a few domey Deflectors in the box.

I ended up taking a 179g Deflector that was board flat, but now I'm curious how those domey one's fly compared to the board flat one's. Does anyone here have both and want to chime in how they compare?

Slower resistor, yup.
I carry both discs and they kinda overlap but with Deflector I have easier time to adjust for shorter holes.

The Deflector has taken away some shots from the Resistor, but the latter still rules for thumbers.

I've acquired an Eclipse Deflector and thrown it a few times now. It's almost as overstable as the Justice I had been throwing last year. If it keeps HSS but loses just a little bit of fade as it beats in, it will be a perfect forehand disc for the short local course we have.