• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

So is the next cart mod going to be a power assisted cart. You could use a small brushless motor with a Lipo battery. I can think of a couple ways to do this. A rubber wheel on the end of the motor that will make contact with the tire (one wheel wonder). Or use a 1/2" stainless steel axle with a belt drive setup. The belt drive would be better as both wheels would have power. For the belt drive option some modifications would have to be done. As for controlling the power to the wheels I would think a twist handle throttle would work. Estimated cost for the belt drive setup should be around $80. I thought about building this over the winter, but I was to busy. Maybe I will mock something up and see what it would really need. I should have most of the parts......

Last edited:
If you're going to go fully automated, why not look into drones? The autonomous tech already exists, and you won't have to try to navigate around obstacles like with a cart.

Semis also have a dedicated spot in the center behind their cab for pulling. People don't. Spend all day pulling a cart around with your body twisted and see how that does for you in the future.

I've thought about hooking the handle to my belt above my rear or some type of sled dog attachment being the next step to improving my ride.
Haven't developed the thought much further yet....

I rarely push my cart.
Its alot more work to push rather than pull.

I use a cart for the mechanical advantages, and I try to maximize them as much as I can.

Oh really? ... Ill drag my cart too but its not really easier nor the control. More weight the worse it gets.
(work safely.. Smarter not harder :))
Carts and wheeled equipment help to make work safer and more efficient. It's important, though, to understand
how best to work with wheeled equipment since between 9 and 20 per cent of the injury claims for low back pain are the result of pushing and pulling activities.

Whenever possible, push a load instead of pulling it. The cart can run over your feet or strike your ankles when you are pulling it. If you pull a load while facing the direction of travel, your arm is stretched behind your body, placing your shoulder and back in an awkward position that increases the likelihood of injury. If you pull a load while walking backwards, you can't see where you are going. Most of us can develop higher push forces by leaning our body weight into the load. For pushing, the handle should be between your elbow and hip. For pulling, the handle should be between your hip and knee.

I'll be honest...Sunday I took the Delta to Osage Grove and, after pappabear's comment and my reply, I found that I naturally gravitated towards pulling over pushing and had to constantly stop and bring the cart around in front of me. I had to do it way too much for my liking. Going to be a hard habit to break...

Pulling a dg cart isnt going to kill anyone bc they are not heavy enough. I do wonder if that is what lead to my back being pinched like hell though.

For me, it depends on the terrain. Going downhill is obvious that it should be front of you. I find it easier to steer when pulling uphill. On level, rough terrain, it is easier to push because you can directly anticipate when it is going to jump or needs to be steered. Sometimes when pulling when going over roots or rocks, my Delta has threatened to flip. On flat, open terrain it is easier to pull. Think of a trailer being pulled by a truck; it is infinitely easier to steer when the independent object only needs to follow the lead of the steering mechanism. There is a reason that backing up with a trailer is an art form.

I'm wondering/hoping Delta will drop their price now that the Ridge Roller dropped there's for the time being down to $250 shipped. I was about to pull the trigger but now that I brought out my Gotta Go Cart for the season, I really can't justify spending $400+ on a cart that has only a couple better features and dislikes such as no back rest and putter pockets.

I'm wondering/hoping Delta will drop their price now that the Ridge Roller dropped there's for the time being down to $250 shipped. I was about to pull the trigger but now that I brought out my Gotta Go Cart for the season, I really can't justify spending $400+ on a cart that has only a couple better features and dislikes such as no back rest and putter pockets.

there is a putter pocket on the delta, it's a single with the mini in front of it -

there is a putter pocket on the delta, it's a single with the mini in front of it -

Yes but I don't wanna bend down and flip the seat up every time I need it which is every hole. I can fit 3 putters in the gggt cart and have my phone, scorecard and mini in the smaller pockets and I have a backrest.

Yes but I don't wanna bend down and flip the seat up every time I need it which is every hole. I can fit 3 putters in the gggt cart and have my phone, scorecard and mini in the smaller pockets and I have a backrest.

sounds like you don't need a new cart at all :) GGGT still sells new carts too -

CUSTOM COOLER!!
2016_03_11_13_50_22.jpg

TEAM!!
2016_03_11_13_48_21.jpg

EASY ACCESS!
2016_03_11_13_46_28.jpg

W5wiEV3l.jpg

Anyone else had this issue?

It looks like the metal rod in the lip of the putter pocket was cut with dikes or something and not cleaned up very well. The ends are sharp and rough and have cut their way out of both ends of the putter pocket.

If you are put off by the price, which is high, look at your total score in the next tournament you play. Multiply it by the number of tournaments you play a year. Then go and lift your disc bag that many times. $400+ will not seem like so high a price to pay. I have one and it is a great product.

*pic removed*

Anyone else had this issue?

It looks like the metal rod in the lip of the putter pocket was cut with dikes or something and not cleaned up very well. The ends are sharp and rough and have cut their way out of both ends of the putter pocket.

Mine has curled outward away from my putter. Are you putting your putter in "rim out" like they recommend?

Latest posts