• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver area next week...July 31st--August 2nd

jasonc

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
I will be flying out to Denver for a short trip. I want to see some quality Rocky Mountain courses while I am there.

Although this will be my first Disc Golf experience in CO, I have played a few mountain courses in other states. Any local help and/or course guides would be much appreciated. Here is my "wish list" for the trip. Help me narrow down the list (or add a must-play course) before I head out. Thanks in advance! :thmbup:

Beaver Ranch
Bailey
Phantom Falls/Bucksnort/Magic Meadows
Ghost Town
Adventure Ridge
Peak One
Winter Park
Colorado Mountain College
Also, I am considering a course or 2 in Cheyenne to bag another state. ;)

Sundance Trails is on the way to Beaver Meadows. Both are worth a play in the Fort Collins area. You can make a look from Fort Collins, through RM National Park, Winter Park, and over to the west side of Denver for the Beaver, Phantom, Bucksnort... courses.

Sundance Trails is on the way to Beaver Meadows. Both are worth a play in the Fort Collins area. You can make a look from Fort Collins, through RM National Park, Winter Park, and over to the west side of Denver for the Beaver, Phantom, Bucksnort... courses.

Thank you superberry. :thmbup:

Sundance and Beaver Meadows both look like decent options. I wish this was a longer trip already!

Any Denver area locals out there? I'm leaning towards an early Saturday (Aug 2nd) morning round at the Ghost Town course.

If you want to play Phantom/ Bucksnort, you need to call Paulie to reserve that day, if you haven't already. It's pretty short notice now, but worth a shot. He only allows like one group per day.

If you want to play Phantom/ Bucksnort, you need to call Paulie to reserve that day, if you haven't already. It's pretty short notice now, but worth a shot. He only allows like one group per day.
I left him a voicemail yesterday....hope he calls back soon. Should I try to call again if I don't hear back today?

In my opinion Beaver Ranch and Bailey are the two you MUST hit.
Those 2 are high on my list after looking at all of the details. Peak One, Ghost Town and Phantom/Bucksnort too.

I probably will not have enough time to play all of them, but that just means I will have to plan another trip sooner rather than later. :thmbup:

I would call again today. He's always been good about getting back in my experience. If you can't get on there, just play Bailey and B Ranch as they are close to one another.

If you don't do that, you could play Ghost Town on your way up to Summit County (Peak One),it's only about 15-20 min. off I-70 near Central City. Copy the directions, it's tricky to find.

I noticed a different phone number on one of the course pages, so I just called it and left another voicemail. Hope to get a call back soon.

One last bump for local course guides before I head out tomorrow.....

Also, are there any local stores worthy of a pit stop along the way? It looks like the answer is no besides REI and other big box stores, but I figured I would ask anyways.

Latest posts