• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Vacation 2022

Rucker61

Today completes my first real two week vacation in decades. Stay out of semiconductor supply chain management if you want time off.

Any, here's the total for my wife and I over the last 16 days:

14 courses, 8 which were new to us and 8 over 8k feet above sea level.
16 total rounds
294 holes.

Courses were all Colorado courses and include:

UltraDiscGolfPark - Fort Collins. Our standard weekly league course.
Beaver Meadows - Red Feathers.
Lake Dillon - Dillon
Peak One - Frisco
Beaver Ranch - Conifer
Johnny Roberts - Arvada
Bailey - Bailey
Oxbow - Windsor
Edora - Fort Collins
Leadville/Colorado Mounting College - Leadville. This was the highest at 10,152 ft above sea level.
Glenwood Spring/Colorado Mountain College. My wife got a 150- throw in here to save par on #6.
Sundance/Red Feathers - new 28 hole layout, and now it's a two large water bottle day.
Cache Le Poudre - wooded pitch and putt in Fort Collins.

Not bad for a 60 year old geezer, I'd say.

Come on. Is it really a vacation if you don't leave your own state?

I actually haven't thrown in about twenty days which is oddly rare for me. Maybe I need a disc golf staycation.

Come on. Is it really a vacation if you don't leave your own state?

I actually haven't thrown in about twenty days which is oddly rare for me. Maybe I need a disc golf staycation.

Have you seen gas prices?

I've been working 12 hour days in my basement office for the last 2.5 years. Anytime away from the work PC screen is quality time.

Glad you were able to take a vacation, and congrats to your spousal unit on the throw-in.

Lake Dillon - Dillon
Peak One - Frisco

Leadville/Colorado Mounting College - Leadville. . . .
Glenwood Spring/Colorado Mountain College. . . .

I have played a bunch of courses west of Denver, but we may be out that way again next year. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the courses above.

Thanks!

Lake Dillon definitely has the best views. Lot's of up and downs with thick undergrowth to hide your disks.

Peak One is a mix of wooded and open, fairly clear of undergrowth.

Leadville is wooded with visible lines, no real undergrowth, mostly shorter holes. Not a lot of elevation changes.

Glenwood Springs is similar to Leadville, fairly flat but with sections of thick undergrowth on the open holes. Some longer pin distances.

I'm amazed they let you go for 2 weeks now of all times. Where I work, it's still a near constant scramble to find semiconductors and keep the lines going. Our lead procurement guy has probably aged 10 years over the last 2.

Regardless, glad you got a break.

Leadville is wooded with visible lines, no real undergrowth, mostly shorter holes. Not a lot of elevation changes.

Little ironic as you can also climb to the 2nd highest point in the continental US while in Leadville. Mt Elbert 14,440 feet, no ropes needed just a lot of energy. :D

Rucker61, sounds like a blast

in 2021 I played Glenwood Springs courses Colorado Mountain College and Sunlight. We really like Sunlight because there are many holes where you are at elevation and can throw off a high hill and bomb it. It is so amazing for us flat landers to watch a disc fly so high and far. I need to find some more courses like that. We planned to go to Cross Creek DGC, but the highway was closed for mud slides the day we planned to go

In 2022, we played Beaver Ranch and Pueblo City Park. Both are great courses. Beaver is the best maintained course I have ever played. I could have used a few more bombers off of big elevation, but loved it.

I plan an actual 2023 Disc golf vacation in Colorado. I will have to try Bucksnort, Bailey, Bear Mountain, Lake Dillion Cross Creek DGC, and a few others. Would like to get some recommendations on some good high elevation to low elevation bomber holes as well.

Latest posts