• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Trip x2

Interesting, and any excuse to get up to the Red Rocks area is a good one.

First concert ever - Dave Matthews Band live at Red Rocks. To this day - best concert ever.

Thanks!

Are you referring to the two disc cd they came out with of their show at red rocks in 95? that was my first red rocks show as well. it is still in the top ten I have seen at that venue

No, but my brother was at that one. I went to the show two years later when Before These Crowded Streets was coming out. The song Dreaming Tree was amazing and he ended the night with All Along The Watchtower - good stuff.

awesome I was in high school at that point and I think I went to that show as well. there was a four year strech that they played denver once a year that I went to every year. they were all at red rocks except for 96 that was on halloween at mcnichols before they tore it down.

Yeah I missed out on McNichols Arena, but I've seen them at Mile High (not Invesco), Red Rocks, and The Pepsi Center. Red Rocks was by far and away the best show. Not that the others were bad - it's just that Red Rocks is so amazing.

Anyhoo - the Red Rocks course looks okay - is it good enough to bump one of the other courses from the list??? I don't know if I can squeeze in the additional course that day.

Wow, I was looking for information on some courses in Colorado and stumbled across this thread.

Amazing; I'm planning a similar trip and out of what, 87 or more courses in CO, came up with the same list as those looking best to play.

Coming from Wichita, KS and might be up there over the 4th of July or might do it later in the Summer.

In Colorado, I've only played the 2 Colorado Springs courses, Pueblo City Park (loved this one), & Johnny Roberts.

Over 4 days, I'd like to hit the best courses and really want to get some mountain courses in! Here's what I was looking at.

*Ft. Collins- Edora
*Red Feather- Beaver Creek
*Red Feather- Sundance
*Arvada- Badlands
*Conifer- Beaver Ranch
*Pine- Phantom Falls

Any other suggestions? Copper Mountain is closed? Winter Park is closed for relocation, but may reopen soon? Lots of other courses out there, but not too much information. Is Frisco worth the trip?

Thanks for the info!

Wow, I was looking for information on some courses in Colorado and stumbled across this thread.

Amazing; I'm planning a similar trip and out of what, 87 or more courses in CO, came up with the same list as those looking best to play.

Coming from Wichita, KS and might be up there over the 4th of July or might do it later in the Summer.

In Colorado, I've only played the 2 Colorado Springs courses, Pueblo City Park (loved this one), & Johnny Roberts.

Over 4 days, I'd like to hit the best courses and really want to get some mountain courses in! Here's what I was looking at.

*Ft. Collins- Edora
*Red Feather- Beaver Creek
*Red Feather- Sundance
*Arvada- Badlands
*Conifer- Beaver Ranch
*Pine- Phantom Falls

Any other suggestions? Copper Mountain is closed? Winter Park is closed for relocation, but may reopen soon? Lots of other courses out there, but not too much information. Is Frisco worth the trip?

Thanks for the info!

Ghost Town if you have time. it is a beautiful mountain course. once you have your trip finalized let me know I will try to meet you at at least one of the courses.

Was hoping to come up over the 4th of July, but it looks like it'll be too busy for me at work. Sometime before the summer is over! I'll post back.

So I mangaed to get up to just Beaver Meadows and Sundance Trail Ranch with the high school buddy who I played my first ever round of DG with. Pretty freakin cool experience up in the mountains - little different from Houston DG. Didn't end up making it to Edora or La Cache JH since it started dumping buckets on us at the end of the Beaver Meadows round - which by the way took 3.5 hours to finish since we sp0ent so much time looking for discs!

I might have to switch up part two of the trip and skip out on Bird's Nest since I don't know if my crap arm can take an animal like that anyway and instead try to fit in Edora and LaCache.

Also, I have to say it was way cool to play a quick round with DGTourist in Cheyenne - which by the way - turns out my wife knows and went to junior high school with. How's that for a small world...

All and all so far it's been a good trip. Taken lots of pictures for the courses, updated some info pages, and managed to get in both reviews for Beaver Meadows and Sundance Trails - which as you'll see in the review I rank both a 4.5, but I personally thought Sundance was better. More serene experience - Beaver Meadows just seemed to kick the crap out of me!

Latest posts